Skip to Content

web os interface stuck in Edit Mode

Brand new LG 55UK6090 TV. I am using the standard remote and not the Magic Remote.

web os interface stuck in Edit Mode

Posted on 2018-11-29 13:09:18 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Brand new LG 55UK6090 TV. I am using the standard remote and not the Magic Remote. During set up the onscreen icons only show edit mode when trying to launch any apps. If I close edit mode and select an app such as web browser or Netflix, HDMI-1 etc. The interface goes back into edit mode (the feature that allows you to move the order of icons on the row of on screen icons) or allows you to delete an app. I cannot launch any of the features. The TV initial setup is complete and all my settings are correct. I have done a reset and unplugged the TV for 20 minutes. After resetting and entering all the setup information again, the TV again confirms I'm "Good to Go" but, I can't get out of Edit Mode. I can launch Netflix or Amazon Prime with the buttons on the remote and watch these features but afterwards cannot do so from the remote. (Still reverts to Edit Mode.)
Tagged:

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: web os interface stuck in Edit Mode

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-12-12 21:06:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello @garyp

It sounds like your remote is not behaving properly. Just to clarify, when you press the home button to select an app it enters the edit mode instead? You are not holding the button, but simply pressing it correct? I recommend replacing the batteries, and if that doesn't work contact customer service for a new remote.

Thanks,
  • Reply Title Icon

SharesnacksSharesnacks Member
    Posted on 2019-07-03 21:24:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Gary, did you resolve this? Am having the same problem, intermittently.
  • Reply Title Icon

polibtes1polibtes1 Member
    Posted on 2019-11-24 11:31:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You are pressing the OK button for way too long.
    You should press it only like a click - then it select. If you hold it it goes into edit mode.

Of course, this is very idiotic behaviour, but that's what we get.....