Skip to Content

Unknown device is disconnected keeps popping up every few minutes

please can you assistance I keep getting the message unknown device is disconnected popping up on the screen which is so annoying please advise how I can…

Unknown device is disconnected keeps popping up every few minutes

Posted on 2018-12-02 16:29:19 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
please can you assistance I keep getting the message unknown device is disconnected popping up on the screen which is so annoying please advise how I can remove it permantley thank you

13 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Unknown device is disconnected keeps popping up every few minutes

kir2000kir2000 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-03 12:52:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same problem. I purchase my tv one year ago today. This message is annoying. Any luck fixing this problem. Smart tv went stupid.
  • Reply Title Icon

HamieHamie Member, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-04 16:05:56 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hello Trisha,

Let's try hard reset.
    Make sure the tv is ON, Do a hard reset.
    1. Turn it off, and unplug it from the power outlet.
    2. While the unit is turned off, look for the power button on the unit itself, press and hold it for about 15 seconds. 
    3. Unplug all devices connected at the back of the unit. Let the TV rest for about 1 minute, then turn on again

Thank you.
    Harkanwal
  • Reply Title Icon

joesnyder1joesnyder1 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-10 16:26:27 edited December 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same problem and Hamie's steps above did not resolve the issue. My TV is about a year old also. Can I get a refund?

[EDIT] It appears that it is the network hardware, as the TV cannot find any networks, nor can I manually enter a network name. If I go to Advanced Settings, it crashes back to the menu.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-04 21:52:24 Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi everyone,

I'm gathering data to escalate this issue. Can everyone post your model and firmware version and any notes you think may help isolate the cause. Thanks!

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Natalie81aNatalie81a Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 20:37:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi there, I am experiencing the same issues and have been for the past month. My TV is the LG webOS UJ6300 and I have had it for just over a year. The message comes up every 1 minute and this I have ensured all HDMI cables are attached correctly. Can you please help!
  • Reply Title Icon

asal_rajabiasal_rajabi Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 16:28:45 edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I hate the message I got it every minute and I follow all steps , unpluged all my cable , disconnected wifi , change baterry of remote control,,hard rest,rest factory, store mode, I did all of them but yet I get the message please help. My tv is 55sj85000gi 

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-14 18:19:22 Vote Up0Vote Down

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank you again for your patience during this process, please perform the following if you are still experiencing the message: “Unknown Device is disconnected” or the Wi-Fi is disconnecting. These steps are to isolate the issue and to better find the root cause:

1. Disconnect any devices connected to the USB on the TV

2. Confirm each device is connected to the TV with a 2.0 HDMI w/ Ethernet cable

3. Go to Settings > All Settings > General > SIMPLINK HDMI CEC > and turn off

4. Ensure the software on the unit is updated and recheck for the symptom

If the message reappears, please reach out to LG at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport  as service would be needed.

Thanks,

• Reply Title Icon

asal_rajabiasal_rajabi Member
    Posted on 2019-02-19 17:01:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I called to guaranty ceneter and he said for the problem , keep Home button + Back button on remote control for 10 second and then press Ok ,until register remote control .I did it and fixed the problem.
  • Reply Title Icon

HarkanwalHarkanwal Member
    Posted on 2019-05-21 17:09:33 edited May 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, I purchased the LG smart TV in July-18. It has not even been a year, but the TV has started developing problems. Listed below:

Problems:
    1. Unknown device disconnect. Remote hangs after this, i.e. cursor does not work.
    2. Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting/connecting automatically, even though my speakers are just 15 ft away with no interruptions. Sometimes when it tries to connect again, the TV/Remote hangs for a 4-5 seconds.
    3. TV is also not catching the wifi signal properly. My router is on first floor and TV on ground floor. But the problem persists even when I'm using my mobile hotspot just 2 ft away.

Solutions provided by the service team (although none are successful at the moment):
    1. For unknown device disconnected, I was guided to reset my TV, Turn of Quickstart, etc etc. I did everything they asked me to do. After reset, tv worked fine for 3-4 hrs and then issue returned. I registered a complaint again including the Wifi/Bluetooth issue.
    2. The service guy visited and told that the issue is in the remote. They replaced the remote which was 4-5 days ago until the problem returned. 
    3. I have registered the complaint again, but the service guy has not visited yet. 

-- Now, if any one is concerned for the Bluetooth speakers, they work fine with my other devices laptops, phones.
    -- My Dad and Mom are retired. They use wifi all day and they do not face any network issue. Even on the ground floor. 
    -- no USB device is connected to the TV, barring one cable set top box connected via HDMI. 
    -- Till now the problem is not solved. And the warranty is only valid till next month. 
    -- I recently got my first job and I spent a fortune in buying this smart tv, but so far it is utter disappointment. 

I request to LG, to please address the issues faced by the customers. If u cannot fix the issue permanently, then kindly take the TV and give us our hard earned money back. 

• Reply Title Icon

HarkanwalHarkanwal Member
    Posted on 2019-05-21 17:14:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-22 14:43:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Harkanwal, This should have been resolved with service. Can you send me a private message with your information so I can have your case reviewed?

• Reply Title Icon

geb724geb724 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-22 18:51:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    i too have the same issues on a 65B7 that started about 6 months ago. however i am always hard wire connected and never use wifi. lg has directed me to go through the same steps as noted above. they sent me a new remote about 4 weeks ago and the same issues occur. tv was purchased october 2017.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-23 14:42:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    geb724, can you message me the phone number used when you contacted LG so I can review your case?