Skip to Content

LG G3 display black

LG G3 screen goes off immediately. FDR didn't help. When I connect to my TV with HDMI screen works fine on the TV monitor.

LG G3 display black

Posted on 2017-12-04 01:25:28 edited February 2018 Verizon Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
LG G3 screen goes off immediately. FDR didn't help. When I connect to my TV with HDMI screen works fine on the TV monitor. Other than the black screen phone seems to work fine, including touch screen. Guess I need to sale it to someone blind.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G3 display black

ttwilly77ttwilly77 Member
    Posted on 2018-02-24 09:26:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Don't guess anybody can help me.
  • Reply Title Icon

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-02-27 23:08:19 Vote Up5Vote Down
    If a FDR didn't resolve the issue it appears it may have to be sent in for repair. A lot of customers have had success receiving assistance via social media. I would recommend reaching out to the social media support team via Twitter @LGUSSupport or Facebook at www.facebook.com/LGUSA

1treasurehunterdale
  • Reply Title Icon

HefHef Member
    Posted on 2018-10-06 03:22:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    What exactly is an "FDR"?  I have the same problem: I have two G3 phones with the same display flickering/turning off problem which renders the units useless. It is clearly a design or manufacturing defect that many users are experiencing since there are many (somewhat silly) youtube videos trying to solve the problem. The phone is working, but the failure of the display and touchscreens renders the phones useless. What is the actual cause of the problem (thermal, contact resistance, etc) and how do I solve the problem on my two phones that I paid a lot of money for.  It would be nice to receive some meaningful advice. Thank you