Can turn tv off but not on

I have a 49UK6090PUA.  I can connect to my alexa, she finds my tv, my accounts are linked per the smart thinq skill.  I can tell Alexa to turn the tv off and the tv turns off.

Can turn tv off but not on

Posted on 2018-12-04 04:51:07 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Current Rating: 0

I have a 49UK6090PUA.  I can connect to my alexa, she finds my tv, my accounts are linked per the smart thinq skill.  I can tell Alexa to turn the tv off and the tv turns off. However, when I tell her to turn tv on, she says tv not responding.  I have xfinity cable, so I figure I can't change channels but I wanted to at least turn the tv on and off.

4 Comments

• Current Rating: 0
    Reply Title Icon

RE: Can turn tv off but not on

venkman781venkman781 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-11 18:51:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can also change to picture modes on the C8 using the Magic Remote voice commands. However, I was told by an LG support rep that currently the ISF Expert (Dark Room) and ISF Expert (Bright Room) modes are not yet supported. Are there plans to include these?
    Reply Title Icon

AhmedLGAhmedLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-10 22:18:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I understand what you mean. We are planning to include this feature in a future update. I am looking forward to it as well as it will offer a lot more utility.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
    Reply Title Icon

stratboy007stratboy007 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-09 14:44:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I found the same thing today with my OLED55C8PUA. To me, turning ON the TV is more useful than turning it OFF 

LG we appreciate you continuing to improve the product through software updates. Is adding this feature on the plan of record? Or is it impossible due to hardware limitations? I just need to know so I can plan for alternatives. 
  • Current Rating: 5
    Reply Title Icon

AhmedLGAhmedLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-05 17:18:07 Vote Up5Vote Down
    LG SmartThinQ does not currently support Turning on TV. 

Here are the current supported TV actions:

Turn Off, Control Volume, Mute On/Off, Change Channel, Switch Input, Control Video Playback (Coming Soon: Turning on LG TV by voice)

Thanks,

-Ahmed
    stratboy007