Skip to Content

Knock code don't recognize and I can't reset or remove it

Hello everyone, 2 years ago, I got a new LG G5 from T-mobile and when I started to set it up I choose "Knock Code" as my Screen locker!!!

Knock code don't recognize and I can't reset or remove it

Posted on 2018-12-11 11:43:31 edited December 2018 T-Mobile Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello everyone,
2 years ago, I got a new LG G5 from T-mobile and when I started to set it up I choose "Knock Code" as my Screen locker!!!
After that, I never could change anymore, since my code works to unlock the screen, but it doesn't work to change the Screen Lock or any other option inside "Settings". It should be the same code, right? But I press exactly the same and never works to reset screen lock...

I went to a T-mobile shop and I showed the seller this error, he confirmed it was a system bug and probably would be fixed in next update... but it's been 2 years already and never get fixed...

TRY REMOVE IT
I already tried... but like any security procedure, you have to check your current password before change it... and I press exactly the same knock code but as I said, never accept! It says: "Knock code does not match"
Weird, because to be there using the Settings I had to unlock the screen before and to unlock I just used this same Knock Code, right?!

TRY "FORGOT CODE"
I already tried... but there is no FORGOT option... doesn't matter how many times I press the wrong code on the lock screen... The only option it shows me it is "Emergency call"

TRY UPDATE SYSTEM
I've got this problem since Android 6
Now I'm using Android 8.0.0 the last update for the phone...
As I said, It's been 2 years of updates and still the same problem... and I keep my phone always up to date.

TRY HARD RESET PHONE
I'm avoiding to do that because I use my phone to work, so it would take me too long to re-install and re-set all information...
It shouldn't be the solution for this... doesn't make sense to change the security password you have to reinstall the operating system... 

---

Device unlocked! 
Originally from T-Mobile USA

Does someone can help me please?

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Knock code don't recognize and I can't reset or remove it

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-12 17:17:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @shift, Good day,

I have never heard of the passwords not matching, both knocks codes should be the same. Other than backing up your phone and doing a factory reset, the only option I can suggest is trial and error trying each combination of keys.