Skip to Content

Can you clean mold and calcium deposits from LFX model ice dispenser?

We have an LFX25978ST french door refrigerator with ice/water dispenser on front door.

Can you clean mold and calcium deposits from LFX model ice dispenser?

Posted on 2017-12-04 19:08:57 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
We have an LFX25978ST french door refrigerator with ice/water dispenser on front door. Recently decided to look up into the dispenser area and saw a lot of mold and junk. Which is typical for ice dispensers and commercial ice makers. Huge problem for bacteria buildup. How can one clean this thoroughly? You cannot reach a hand up into the clear plastic funnel to clean well. Seems the only way to effectively clean from what I can see is to remove the front panel but looks to be a challenging process because of the fact the panel is held into place with internal clips. Any advise...and I am not going to call in a repair person. Would think that LG would have designed an easy way to remove the pieces to make it easier to clean. 

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can you clean mold and calcium deposits from LFX model ice dispenser?

USMC4USAUSMC4USA Member
    Posted on 2017-12-11 06:17:46 Vote Up10Vote Down
    "Recently decided to look up into the dispenser area and saw a lot of mold and junk. Which is typical for ice dispensers and commercial ice makers." ...  Where is this typical, I'd like to avoid that area.
    cosmicfrigetiggerific4fun