Skip to Content

LG SmartThinQ - WiFi with wall mount HVAC fails until circuit breaker reset

I have LG SmartThinQ version 2.3.1800 installed on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ cell phone.

LG SmartThinQ - WiFi with wall mount HVAC fails until circuit breaker reset

Posted on 2018-12-24 01:42:40 Split Systems Vote Up0Vote Down

I have LG SmartThinQ version 2.3.1800 installed on my Samsung Galaxy S9+ cell phone.

I recently had an LG Multi F - 4 Ton mini spit air conditioner installed with 3 indoor ac air handler units (2- LG LMN249HV & 1- LG LMN159HVT)  I have to say I am very disappointed to find out that the Wifi on the indoor units don't connect automatically.  Then, when trying to use the application - it doesn't reconnect either.   I have to shut off circuit breaker power to the outdoor unit to get these to connect back to my Wifi through this application.  An example of this is my router was offline for 18 hours.  Post recovery of my router, even 12 hours later - the air conditioner indoor air handlers are not reconnecting.  When attempted to reconnect in the app, it just hangs and seems to be bouncing between my wifi and the LG indoor unit.  Doesn't stay connected or re-register the product.  This is VERY inconvenient and must be fixed!  I don't know if it's the mobile application or the actual indoor air handlers that are the problem, but this is unacceptable to be resetting a circuit breaker to get them back on WIFI.

8 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG SmartThinQ - WiFi with wall mount HVAC fails until circuit breaker reset

grtessmangrtessman Member
    Posted on 2018-12-24 01:47:55 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I found this in another thread about a window A/C:

Update: I've been on the chat with someone from their support staff just now. They confirmed that once the unit is turned off, whether by the app, the remote or the power button, it loses its WIFI connection. Therefore, if it's turned off, it cannot be turned back on remotely EVER. This is a big design oversight that basically makes the WIFI function totally useless... Had I known that, I would have never bought the WIFI model. I would simply have bought a regular (much cheaper model) and controlled it remotely with a WIFI to IR bridge (which I'm gonna end up doing now anyway). I also asked support if a fix for this was going to be made available in the future. They said no.

This better not be the issue... if it is, this will be a class action lawsuit!  Fix this LG!!!
    Awil08
  • Reply Title Icon

grtessmangrtessman Member
    Posted on 2019-01-02 22:27:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG - feedback please.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-15 17:33:35 Vote Up-15Vote Down

grtessman I have submitted the feedback provide to our Developers for improvements to be made to the app as well as the connectivity portion once the product is powered off.

We thank you for sharing your experience and we are working to make the app better and easier for customers to use in the future.   

Awil08thorazinemaitel

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Awil08Awil08 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-24 23:56:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This must be fixed. The product is not fit for purpose if the issue is not resolved. Pathetic.
  • Reply Title Icon

TuananhTuananh Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 15:18:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Why did not you fix this problem? I have 2 ACs which can not reconnect wifi after shutting off. It is not like lg washer, can recconect through lots of times operation
  • Reply Title Icon

thorazinethorazine Member
    Posted on 2019-02-21 08:36:46 Vote Up5Vote Down
    LG, why are my comments deleted? Is this forum only for praising LG and saying how fantastic are products that do not work properly?

If this comment will be removed again, I promise to paste it in social media and forums related to LG ACs - so that everyone can get to know the quality of the product and customer service directly from the user.

To summarize my experience:
    - all info from other users (@Tuananh, @grtessman) is correct - WiFi in LG AC devices does not work properly; if the device is turned off for a longer period (during WINTER for example...) then in case of network problems, the device will not reconnect
    - I have 5 new devices bought in September 2018; so the problem also applies to the latest devices
    - this is a problem with LG devices, not a router, etc.; setting static IP address etc. does not help.

I am disappointed that comments from this forum are deleted - a specific way of customer service. Shame on you LG.
    maitel
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-22 16:11:25 edited February 22 Vote Up-5Vote Down

thorazine, the forum isn't for praising LG but to ask questions, provide helpful information and/or resources to support LG customers. If a comment isn't doing one of these it can be deleted.

Please see: https://lgcommunity.us.com/home/termsofservice. Everyone doesn't have to share the  same opinion on LG but we want to keep the information provide beneficial to customers. The operation of the A/C and the app has been escalated for improvements.  

sirme

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

sirmesirme Member
    Posted on 2019-07-05 19:12:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same issue. I bought more than 20 AC units for the reason to control them form distance. I managed to connect all of them on my network and everything was fine, but then one after another got disconnected.  Each time I connect them again I get the same problem after short time.  Now, all of them are disconnected!!! 

I have been waiting for LG to come up with a solution but nothing happened.