Skip to Content

DLEY1901 WE Dryer and Extended Vent Issues

Has anyone had success with getting this dryer to work when your residence has an approximately 24 foot vent to the roof.

DLEY1901 WE Dryer and Extended Vent Issues

Posted on 2017-09-26 14:35:15 Dryers Vote Up0Vote Down

Has anyone had success with getting this dryer to work when your residence has an approximately 24 foot vent to the roof. I had this dryer installed three weeks ago, and I had the roof cleared of any clogs and the vent professionally cleaned. The dryer still does not work. The flow sense, D90 and D90 error codes continue to display and the dryer does not heat. It does work when I take the vent off and run it with a sock on the back. I have heard about a vent booster, but I live in a condominium and I'm not sure this could even be installed. Changing the vent at the roof is out of the question because it will not meet my condo restrictions. Any suggestions, or should I return the dryer because it is incompatible with my condominium vent? Thanks!!!

Tagged:

1 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: DLEY1901 WE Dryer and Extended Vent Issues

Goody2ShoesGoody2Shoes LG Moderator
    Posted on 2017-10-11 22:11:12 Vote Up0Vote Down

Venting up this far would be a challenge due to how heavy humid air is. It is likely that a booster fan would be needed to compensate for the length of the upward venting duct.