Skip to Content

V30 fast charging issue

It's been happening for a while now, probably after that last update from AT&T.  When plugging the fast charger (all equipment that came with the phone), it makes the sound that it's connected and the little animation at the port, then continuously disconnects and reconnects making the sound and animation.  A non-fast charger works fine (slower) and if I restart the phone the fast charger will work as expected.  Any one else experiencing this?  Was is a software glitch?

V30 fast charging issue

Posted on 2018-12-27 13:21:33 AT&T Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
It's been happening for a while now, probably after that last update from AT&T.  When plugging the fast charger (all equipment that came with the phone), it makes the sound that it's connected and the little animation at the port, then continuously disconnects and reconnects making the sound and animation.  A non-fast charger works fine (slower) and if I restart the phone the fast charger will work as expected.  Any one else experiencing this?  Was is a software glitch?
Thanks,
Glenn
Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: V30 fast charging issue

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-27 15:43:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @ggosack, Good day,

Once you restart the phone and connect to the fast charger, it does not get the error? Could there be an app running that interferes with the charging? do you have a battery saver? We can try to remove recently installed apps and if the issue persists we can do a factory reset (will delete all the info on the phone).

What software version do you have? (setting > General tab > about > software info)
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: V30 fast charging issue

ggosackggosack Member
    Posted on 2018-12-27 16:27:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for getting back - 
    Software info
    Android version 8.0.0
    security patch level Nov. 1, 2018
    Kernel version 4.4.78
    Build number OPR1.170623.026
    Software version H93120h

can't think of anything that I put on lately - and don't use any after market battery saver. I believe it started happening after that last Nov. 1 update to H93120h.  I never leave anything running. Old fashioned - when I'm done I stop the app.  Don't even save messages (phone or text).
    Really wouldn't like to do a factory reset - Am hoping that when android 9 (pie) comes out shortly it'll solve the problem. :smile:
    One consolation, I get a fresh reboot every other day or so.