Skip to Content

Can't Enable HDR on New 5K 34WK95U Ultrawide Monitor

I am trying to set Windows 10 up to output HDR to my new monitor, but whenever I change the "HDR and WCG Settings" in the Windows settings to "On" the display goes black and unresponsive.  The only HDR setting I see in the monitor settings is under "General Settings" it says "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color", but this is grayed out and I can't change it.  I'm not using HDMI.  My NVIDA Quadro P2000 card exports via DisplayPort.  Where is the option to turn on HDR for DisplayPort?

Can't Enable HDR on New 5K 34WK95U Ultrawide Monitor

Posted on 2018-12-27 17:36:04 4K / 5K Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
I am trying to set Windows 10 up to output HDR to my new monitor, but whenever I change the "HDR and WCG Settings" in the Windows settings to "On" the display goes black and unresponsive.  The only HDR setting I see in the monitor settings is under "General Settings" it says "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color", but this is grayed out and I can't change it.  I'm not using HDMI.  My NVIDA Quadro P2000 card exports via DisplayPort.  Where is the option to turn on HDR for DisplayPort?

Windows 10 says the bit depth of the monitor is only "8-bit" and the "Color Space" is "Standard dymanic range (SDR)" (See image below).  However, when I run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool it says HDR is supported by the monitor. 

Here's my system info:
Graphics Gard: NVIDA Quadro P2000
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z390M Gaming Edge AC
Memory: 32GB DDR4 Kingston RGB 3200MHz
Operating System: Windows 10 Home (all updates installed)
Monitor: LG 34WK95U 5K HDR Ultrawide Monitor
Display Driver: LG HDR 5k(Display Port) Version 1.0.0.0 (Windows says it's the latest)
Connecting via DisplayPort 1.4 cable included with Monitor

Thanks in advance for the help!

Tagged:

1 Comments