Skip to Content

Tv acting strangely when turned on

Hi, I just bought a B7A yesterday and had weird problems already. After being turned off for a few minutes, I turned the TV back on.

Tv acting strangely when turned on

Posted on 2017-12-07 17:22:50 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi, I just bought a B7A yesterday and had weird problems already. After being turned off for a few minutes, I turned the TV back on. The picture was being updated line by line at a snail's pace, except for the top few inches which seemed to work fine. Even the TV's menus were affected so it wasn't an input problem  I tried turning the tv off an on again multiple times, finally eventually it all started working again.  I also noticed that on a  fully white screen, I could see white horizontal lines off off white color, but that seemed to go away after I ran the pixel refresher, so im guessing that is unrelated?
Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Tv acting strangely when turned on

AlbionixAlbionix Member
    Posted on 2017-12-23 16:02:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Haven't had any display issues with my 65E7, but several  seemingly random sound loss events, as reported in a separate string. Be aware that when the TV is "off" it's actually in standby mode. To reset the system try turning the power off at the wall for a short time, say 20 seconds. 
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Tv acting strangely when turned on

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2017-12-29 19:19:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If the TV was on for 4 hours or longer before being turned off it ran a clear panel noise refresher which is why you saw it being updated line by line slowly. This is by design to combat any image retention.