Skip to Content

Can not change sound output from HDMI Arc

I have a OLED65E8PUA and Sonos Beam soundbar hooked up to HDMI Arc. It works great. I have a need to add a bluetooth transmitter via optical output.

Can not change sound output from HDMI Arc

Posted on 2019-01-01 20:29:51 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a OLED65E8PUA and Sonos Beam soundbar hooked up to HDMI Arc. It works great. I have a need to add a bluetooth transmitter via optical output. When I switch sound from HDMI Arc to Optical or any other output it jumps back to HDMI Arc.. I can make it work if I disconnect the HDMI Arc Sonos Beam soundbar. Why does my LG TV not allow sound choses with my So os Beam hooked up to HDMI Arc? I reset to factory settings and it worked for one day. Now I can not select any sound output with my Sonos Beam plugged into the HDMI Arc port. Why?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can not change sound output from HDMI Arc

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-02 19:50:44 Vote Up0Vote Down

This would be caused by the SIMPLINK CEC control. When the beam being connected via HDMI, the CEC on the TV defaults over to HDMI ARC. Try turning off the SIMPLINK CEC and this may help with getting it switched to optical.

1) Go to Settings

2) All Settings

3) General

4) SIMPLINK (HDMI - CEC)

5) Switch off

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2019-01-02 20:20:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi @DGRiley570

This sounds like it could be an HDMI-CEC issue. I recommend you try the following.
    • Go to Settings > All Settings
    • Go to the General section
    • Scroll down to where it says Simplink (HDMI-CEC) and select that.
    • Disable Simplink.
    Let me know if this helps with your issue.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
  • Reply Title Icon

1richard1richard Member
    Posted on 2019-12-24 12:42:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the opposite problem, my C9 65 will not allow me to select ARC. Connected to ARC on Pioneer AVR, SImplink on.