Skip to Content

Can't set up my TV

I bought a 49 inch 4K Smart TV LED and I cannot set it up. I have dish network and on the box it has the regular yellow red and white input wires.

Can't set up my TV

Posted on 2017-12-08 00:10:33 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I bought a 49 inch 4K Smart TV LED and I cannot set it up. I have dish network and on the box it has the regular yellow red and white input wires. But my TV has no white colored input. And it has about 6 inputs which one is blue. Can someone please help me set up my TV.  The coax cable goes from my dish top box into the wall and not the TV.  Thank you

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Can't set up my TV

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-01-03 20:58:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Can you provide us with a picture of the back of your dish network receiver's inputs?
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2018-01-04 19:39:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    OK, your Dish receiver doesn't have an HDMI output? If it does, you'll get the best image and audio on the TV if you use an HDMI connection.

Does your Dish box have 3 RCA connectors or 5 RCA connectors in a row?

OK, the 3 RCA plugs for an "AV" or "Composite Video" connection are Yellow (Video+Color Information), White (Left Channel Audio), and Red (Right Channel Audio). You'll connect Yellow to the VIDEO/Y connection, White to L/MONO, and Red to AUDIO/R.

If you had 5 RCA plugs on the back of your Dish box, it would be called a "Component Video" output.
    You'd connect White: L/AUDIO to L/MONO, and Red R/AUDIO to AUDIO/R. 
    Then you'd connect Red to VIDEO/Pr, Green to VIDEO/Y, and Blue Pb/VIDEO.
  • Reply Title Icon

SaarducciSaarducci Member
    Posted on 2019-01-06 23:58:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The Dish box has Outputs, and The TV has Inputs. Can we try not to confuse where the signal comes from with where it goes.