Skip to Content

When disconnecting BlueTooth audio, is there a way to choose the new sound out to be HDMI ARC?

So I was helped in this forum (Thanks Ryan!) and finally got my Bluetooth headphones working with my LG OLED65E8PUA TV, but now I have run into a slight nuisance of an issue.

When disconnecting BlueTooth audio, is there a way to choose the new sound out to be HDMI ARC?

Posted on 2019-01-06 00:55:40 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
So I was helped in this forum (Thanks Ryan!) and finally got my Bluetooth headphones working with my LG OLED65E8PUA TV, but now I have run into a slight nuisance of an issue.

I am using a A/V receiver to output my sound, so my Sound Out is HDMI ARC. To connect my BlueTooth headphones, I just tap Settings > Audio > BlueTooth > Headphones. When I turn off my headphones though, it reverts to internal speak audio instead of the HDMI ARC. So I would have to go back into the Seetings > Audio > HDMI ARC. 

Like I said, a slight nuisance, but if there was a way to change the default sound out setting to HDMI Arc, saves some time. :)

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: When disconnecting BlueTooth audio, is there a way to choose the new sound out to be HDMI ARC?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-15 19:03:18 edited January 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down

davellan there would not be. The TV will default back to the internal speakers if its connection to the selected sound out device is lost.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!