Skip to Content

PF1500W remote malfunction

Just got this projector. It looks to be an open-box item.

PF1500W remote malfunction

Posted on 2019-01-06 17:32:58 edited January 7 Home Video Vote Up0Vote Down
Just got this projector. It looks to be an open-box item. When I try to register the remote with the projector by pressing the OK button I get an onscreen message saying "Bluetooth service needs to be initialized". First, how? Second, why? I cannot access any settings until the remote is working properly. There is no on-screen cursor. I have tried the "Home/Back key, hold 5 seconds to unregister" trick. I got no red light and no apparent effect. Anyone know how get this to stop so I can access settings and get to enjoying my PH1500W?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: PF1500W remote malfunction

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-15 19:48:01 Vote Up5Vote Down

GLBright, This normally happens in 3 instances: incorrect remote, defective remote, or the Bluetooth module on the unit is defective. I would recommend checking the model number to the remote to insure you have the correct remote (remove the back cover and the remote model will be located above the battery section), the model needed is AN-MR650P.

If you have the correct remote, turn off any other Bluetooth devices in the area and try pairing it again. If still unsuccessful, please reach out to LG to get a replacement remote.

GLBright

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: PF1500W remote malfunction

GLBrightGLBright Member
    Posted on 2019-01-18 11:55:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We don't use Bluetooth so that isn't the cause. Meanwhile I have found a temporary workaround by using a wireless mouse in conjunction with the partially useful remote since all the buttons on it work except the OK button/wheel.