Skip to Content

LG V30+ or V30 or H932 -- no models in LG Repair site dropdown list

LG has terrible tech support teams in charge of their databases.  I bought the phone and I had to email IMEI , contract, etc multiple times in order to register for the LG 2nd Year Promise,.  They needed to update the database for me to be able to use my IMEI number to register.  After all that, I still had to register myself instead of them stepping up to do it for me and provide basic customer service.  I then had to repeat the WHOLE process again with their team to register for the LG Rebate Promotion.  Send in pictures, contracts, multiple times again!

LG V30+ or V30 or H932 -- no models in LG Repair site dropdown list

Posted on 2017-12-08 15:41:02 T-Mobile Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
LG has terrible tech support teams in charge of their databases.  I bought the phone and I had to email IMEI , contract, etc multiple times in order to register for the LG 2nd Year Promise,.  They needed to update the database for me to be able to use my IMEI number to register.  After all that, I still had to register myself instead of them stepping up to do it for me and provide basic customer service.  I then had to repeat the WHOLE process again with their team to register for the LG Rebate Promotion.  Send in pictures, contracts, multiple times again!
I also reported that their LG Repair site does not list under Smart Phones -> T-Mobile -> Model number for the new phones.  I reported this 2 weeks ago.  Note, this 2 weeks after they had started selling the phone... Did their teams not know they were going to start selling the phone??

I had to reach out to them to report that the phone back cracked when dropped and complained that the shell should be stronger than that.  They replied back to message thru Twitter direct.  After they assured me that the phone case was Gorilla Glass 5 and should have withstood a drop they told me to contact the support team and gave number to call.  I called and it was another frustratingly badly planned automated system which kept telling me to use the website, which of course won't work if the model number isn't available.  I finally get thru and the support person says physical damage is not covered.  I kind of get that, but still it is supposed to be this super strong Gorilla Glass 5 that shouldn't crack.  OK, so I said fine, please send me the label to send it in.... Surprise, surprise, they can't because the model is not available on their website.  They will send ANOTHER report to the tech team, to fix the issue.  But, since the model is not available I have to mail it myself with no record on their system to track...  I tell them I will not send my $850 phone thru the mail without them being able to track on their systems, just so someone can steal the phone with no one the wiser since no tracking number on their system... UGH!
I leave this with the request that when the Repair website has the model avail to request to please let me know.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG V30+ or V30 or H932 -- no models in LG Repair site dropdown list

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-01-03 20:51:48 Vote Up0Vote Down

A lot of customers have had success receiving assistance via social media. I would recommend reaching out to the social media support team via Twitter @LGUSSupport or Facebook at www.facebook.com/LGUSA