Skip to Content

LG 27MU88-W

Just received my LG 27MU88-W monitor which I hooked up to my Asus 753VE laptop with included HDMI cord supplied by LG.

LG 27MU88-W

Posted on 2019-01-08 23:26:17 4K / 5K Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
Just received my LG 27MU88-W monitor which I hooked up to my Asus 753VE laptop with included HDMI cord supplied by LG. I could only get 30Mz refresh rate with 4K resolution and LG support had no clue what the problem was. After much, & I do mean much....research, I decided to purchase from Amazon a miniDisplayPort cord (which my laptop uses......LG does not supply the mini DP version) and USB-C to USB-C cord which LG does supply with monitor but it doesn't work.  Anyhow, Amazon delivered the cords today. The USB-C still does not work but, good news, the miniDP cord DOES work giving me full 4K resolution at 59Mz. Don't know why not 60Mz but I'm not complaining. So, heads up if you are having trouble with a frozen 30Mz refresh rate. Oh, BTW, the monitor is really great showing wonderful images. Clarification: When I say mini DP cord, that means one end of the DisplayPort has a mini connection (for my laptop) but the other end of the cord has the standard connection which is what is on back of the monitor.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG 27MU88-W

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2019-01-09 07:15:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi John,

I'm glad you were able to get it working, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Just to clarify, your monitor does support 4K@60Hz via any input, but for HDMI it requires that HDMI Deep Color is set to On.  That also means the graphics card in your computer needs to support HDMI Deep Color.

For the USB-C connection, my best guess is that your graphics card doesn't support video through the USB-C port (which is fairly common).

Finding the right monitor / cable / graphics card combination is a bit tricky at the moment.  For monitors, we're trying to future proof and support all available connection types.  Meanwhile, graphics cards vary widely between computers and supported technologies.  We get a lot of questions about monitors.

From the manual:

Thanks,
    ~Ryan