Skip to Content

LG SPK8-S paring to LG SKY9 soundbar

I just received my second set of LG SPK8-S Wireless surround sound kit and I cannot get them to pair up to the LG SKY9 soundbar.

LG SPK8-S paring to LG SKY9 soundbar

Posted on 2019-01-08 23:33:51 edited January 8 Wireless Speakers Vote Up0Vote Down
I just received my second set of LG SPK8-S Wireless surround sound kit and I cannot get them to pair up to the LG SKY9 soundbar. Had LG support on the phone nut no help. I see they say that the remote should be able to turn off and on the surround sound but that does not work for me. Can you assist? 

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG SPK8-S paring to LG SKY9 soundbar

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2019-01-09 06:51:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi h2020,

What have you tried so far?  Does the green light on the Wireless receiver stay solid?

This is from the manual.  I highlighted the section that applies to you.

I don't have this model available to test at my location, but I would guess you hold AUTO VOL for about 2 seconds and the display on the unit should change to the surround options referenced in the image below.  It may flash, or just show a different menu.

Once the different menu is displayed, press (but don't hold) AUTO VOL to switch between On and Off.  Set Surround Mode to On, and it should work (it's Off by default).

I hope that helps!
    Thanks,
    ~Ryan