Skip to Content

Monitor cannot connect to Macbook Pro

LG monitor, 29UM59A; Macbook Pro(the newest one with touchbar); The problem is that I cannot connect the monitor with the macbook.

Monitor cannot connect to Macbook Pro

Posted on 2017-12-08 21:34:24 Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
LG monitor, 29UM59A;
Macbook Pro(the newest one with touchbar);
The problem is that I cannot connect the monitor with the macbook. I'm using a USB-C to USB-C cable. What should I do? Something wrong with the cable?
MSGPresidentelgopro

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Monitor cannot connect to Macbook Pro

Posted on 2017-12-22 21:38:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
     Apple websites have many many people complaining. Yesterday a report came out that Apple is no longer selling the 5K LG monitor do too  connection and performance problems. The main issue, amongst others, is electrical disturbance caused by airwaves from Wi-Fi routers.  People consistently complained that LG would not listen to or respond to their complaints. I went to this LG site to see if LG was helping on this subject. The answer is LG is providing absolutely zero clarification on this issue...anywhere within their on-line presence.   Apple of course is not supporting the consumer LG woes:  Apple recommends the LG, but it abandons their responsibility in the fine print of an LG monitor purchase, even if it is purchased through Apple!
  • Reply Title Icon

OPUSOPUS Member
    Posted on 2017-12-25 04:48:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wow!
  • Reply Title Icon

MSGPresidentMSGPresident Member
    Posted on 2018-01-15 04:22:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm running into the same issue with my Macbook Air (13 inch, Early 2015 model). I'm trying to connect it via minidisplay port to USB-C but there doesn't seem to be detection from the pc or the monitor. 
  • Reply Title Icon

elgoproelgopro Member
    Posted on 2018-07-17 00:50:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    im running into the same issue with my 27 inch 4k monitor. I'm trying to use type-c to type-c and it doesn't work. It works when I use a PC on HDMI to HDMI. What can I do to make it work?