Skip to Content

Spk8 connection with SK8 sound bar

I have just tried to connect my second set of spk8 rear speakers to the sk8y soundbar but with no success. Green light flashing but no connection.

Spk8 connection with SK8 sound bar

Posted on 2019-01-13 20:48:24 Wireless Speakers Vote Up0Vote Down
I have just tried to connect my second set of spk8 rear speakers to the sk8y soundbar but with no success. Green light flashing but no connection.
I can't bring up surround mode on my sound bar using the auto vol button as instructed (is this only available once the rear speakers have been successfully connected?

Any help would be much appreciated

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Spk8 connection with SK8 sound bar

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-27 22:55:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    d5tvn, the surround mode would only be available once the rear speakers are connected. Try pressing the pairing button on the rear of the wireless receiver to see if they are able to connect.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

AydaAyda Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 20:10:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @JamalofLG I am getting the same issue. My receiver is just blinking furiously and not connecting. I have tried using the pairing button on the back and nothing changes. I have turned the sound bar off and wireless sub off countless times and repaired them but the receiver isn't pairing for some reason. The receiver is next to my sub atm so distance is not an issue.

Is there something else I can try?
  • Reply Title Icon

AydaAyda Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 20:41:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My firmware is all up to date, currently...
  • Reply Title Icon

BullRotBullRot Member
    Posted on 2019-09-28 12:32:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I was actually thinking that SK8 and SK8Y are the same models with different firmware.
    SK8 dont connect the rear speakers even if told that it was OK by the shop who sold this.
    SK8Y in US have that option - probably firmware related only.

LG - could you give us an option to upgrade firmware from our SK8 to SK8Y for rear speakers?