Skip to Content

LG V20 OS Update?

Is the V20 going to get 7.1.1 or 8 for that matter? 

LG V20 OS Update?

Posted on 2017-12-09 05:29:11 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Is the V20 going to get 7.1.1 or 8 for that matter? 

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG V20 OS Update?

budbushbudbush Member
    Posted on 2017-12-10 00:13:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have seen on a recent Reddit thread that LG had decided NOT to support US996 updates.  If this is in fact true, it will be the last LG product I buy.  One of the reasons I bought an unlocked phone was so that I wouldn't have to wait on carriers to update.  Now I find that LG may not even support their unlocked flagships for a year. (Latest firmware dated 12-2016)
  • Reply Title Icon

JadiltoJadilto Member
    Posted on 2017-12-14 17:16:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My friend, i received an update and it broke my phone...now i have a radio disabled message and it does search for network..i have tried everything but with no success...if it is working do not update it.
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2017-12-16 18:10:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Don't panic. Sometimes OTA updates do not go smoothly. Often times, you need to perform a Factory Device Reset following an OTA update.

Back up your important content to a PC, and perform a FDR. That should fix the behavior.
  • Reply Title Icon

ambsmi2001ambsmi2001 LG Moderator
    Posted on 2017-12-19 21:23:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello, we are excited about updates being released. All software updates must go through approval processes and are then issued by the Carrier you are connected too, if connected to one. If a device is set to receive an update, it will be schedule by the carrier once they are done with testing and approval. While we hope to be able to push out every update at the same time and now, it is just not possible. Hopefully we will be able to have the update you are looking for soon. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-01-23 20:42:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I received my LG V20 about four months ago.

I make use of security software like Duo Security, RSA SecureID and the like.

Android 7.0 is considered unsupported so now my security applications are starting to disallow me to authenticate using them.

There doesn't appear to be any hope for "current" operating systems on the LG V20 from what I gather from the posts on this community website and other searches on the internet. (just the typical passing the buck "it's the manufacturer, it's the carrier, etc" crap.

I advise anyone considering a V20 to critically consider whether you want an already outdated device. I wish I wasn't STUCK FOR THE NEXT 20 MONTHS with mine!
This discussion has been closed.