Skip to Content

Merging backups

So recently I went through a transition phone, I have added new contacts, and have quite a few messages that I would like transfered over to my new phone, however I also have a back up of that phone,,,, so I was wondering If it would be possible to merge 2 backups, the one from before the transition phone, and the one from the transition phone-- to my new phone.  All of which are LG' devices.

Merging backups

Posted on 2017-12-10 05:01:11 T-Mobile Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
So recently I went through a transition phone, I have added new contacts, and have quite a few messages that I would like transfered over to my new phone, however I also have a back up of that phone,,,, so I was wondering If it would be possible to merge 2 backups, the one from before the transition phone, and the one from the transition phone-- to my new phone. 
All of which are LG' devices. I have been able to sync contacts through all three phones, but I would like to be able to sync my messages as well.
if this isnt possible then I can deal with it, but it would make life soo much easier. 

Thanks 
Ben Bower

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Merging backups

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-08-29 20:54:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Good day Bowerbenbtb,

You can not merge back ups per say,

You can try using LG mobile switch to transfer the information from your temporary phone, to your main phone. Then make the back up of those.
    https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000025-20150709439936

There are also third party apps you can download from the play store that will allow you to send your information to another device.