Help with your LG Refrigerator

Posted on 2017-09-26 21:38:33 edited September 2017 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
Current Rating: 0

Need help with your refrigerator? How do I change the water filter? Why will my refrigerator not dispense ice? How do I clean my refrigerator? What does this error code mean? Answers to these questions along with other helpful information may be found below by clicking on any of the following topics.

Ice Maker and Water Dispenser Troubleshooting - Refrigerator

Water Filter Installation - Refrigerator

Refrigerator Care & Maintenance Tips

Error Codes - Refrigerator

LG Refrigerator Fresh Air Filter Replacement

LG Smart ThinQ Refrigerator Setup

2 REPLIES

• Current Rating: 0
    Reply Title Icon

RE: Help with your LG Refrigerator

MortMort Member
    Posted on 2018-01-26 20:20:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator built by LG.  It's a 30 cu ft French door with a bottom freezer and is 6 months old.  After an hour on the phone with Sears, they could not help.  The digital temperature display does not set the freezer or refrigerator temperatures accurately.  The freezer display is set to -6F (lowest) but the average temperature is 0F.  The refrigerator display is set to 33F (lowest) but the average temperature is 38F.

I would prefer a colder (37F) refrigerator temperature but cannot adjust it any lower.

Is there a calibration for this?  Is my digital display bad?  I'm checking the temperatures with an instanteous and averaging thermometer as well as a 0.5F tolerance infrared thermometer.

Any information would be appreciated.
  • Current Rating: 0
    Reply Title Icon

RE: Help with your LG Refrigerator

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-01-26 22:39:32 edited January 26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Mort Since this is a Kenmore branded product we do not have any troubleshooting links for this model. We would recommend reaching out to Kenmore regarding what can be done to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing.