Skip to Content

Where to download the drivers for LG Gram 2-in-1

Hi, I recently got the 14T990-U.AAS8U1. I did a clean install to Windows 10 Pro, but the fingerprint driver is not working.

Where to download the drivers for LG Gram 2-in-1

Posted on 2019-01-27 20:34:44 Laptops Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi,

I recently got the 14T990-U.AAS8U1. I did a clean install to Windows 10 Pro, but the fingerprint driver is not working. In the [device manager], there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the [goodix fingerprint spi device]. Where can I download the driver? 

Also, the keyboard backlit is also not working [Fn+F8]. I guess I need a software for it? Where can I download it?

13 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Where to download the drivers for LG Gram 2-in-1

dmacdmac Member
    Posted on 2019-02-28 18:47:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same issues after I upgraded my SDD and reinstalled windows. I'm on a LG GRAM 17
  • Reply Title Icon

eragon1189eragon1189 Member
    Posted on 2019-04-04 18:31:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having a similar issue. Fn+F8 brings up DTS audio and is not switching on keyboard backlight. Is there a solution for this?
  • Reply Title Icon

mde1mde1 Member
    Posted on 2019-04-25 23:07:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm in the same boat, but with the 17" Gram -- I can't get Device Manager to detect the trackpad or the F9 button working again. Has anyone had luck yet?
  • Reply Title Icon

jamus28jamus28 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-25 20:46:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Before formatting your drive, you should back up all drivers as described here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/68426-backup-restore-device-drivers-windows-10-a.html

You'll need an altruistic soul with the original drivers to do that and upload them for you. 
  • Reply Title Icon

jamus28jamus28 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-27 04:11:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    For a fresh install, you'll also need to find "LG control center" (older versions available online), then use LG update center to update it. I still haven't found an available reader mode installer. Not a big deal as I prefer windows night light.
  • Reply Title Icon

mde1mde1 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-02 16:01:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jamus28 - do you happen to be one of those altruistic souls? (hell, I don't care if you want to sell the driver backup to me for $10 on ebay) - Any chance you can help here? LG wants me to send the entire laptop back to them for troubleshooting which is ridiculous. 
  • Reply Title Icon

jamus28jamus28 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-15 05:44:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    mde1 - So after I installed a new HD and a fresh copy of windows 10, windows automatically found and installed almost ALL of the necessary drivers. I had no exclamation points in my device manager. The trackpad works fine as HID compliant touchpad. I even had LG OSD3 installed. I'm not sure why your windows isn't do it's job. You may need to reinstall from scratch.

LG reader mode is software, not driver, so I neglected to save it. LG doesn't upload their website with the latest versions. I dislike LG reader mode anyways. Windows night light is way better at reducing blues for reading. But if you really want it back... you can find older versions here: https://www.lgservice.co.kr/search/driverSoftTotalSearchPage.do
  • Reply Title Icon

RIGELRBRIGELRB Member
    Posted on 2019-08-02 14:15:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello, i only have the LG CONTROL CENTER for the newsest laptops. https://mab.to/wI9BuxdR2 
  • Reply Title Icon

timblaktutimblaktu Member
    Posted on 2019-08-18 00:57:28 edited August 18 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Any resolution to this? I'm in similar boat with gram 17, installing fresh win 10 pro on anew, second nvme drive (kept original win 10 home SSD).

The win 10 pro install media doesn't appear to have correct drivers for the lg gram trackpad or its WiFi. Anyone have this problem? This hardware works fine when I boot the original win 10 home it came with.

I will have a look at the page jamus28 linked to. Perhaps I can copy the drivers from the win 10 home disk to the new win 10 pro..

UPDATE: was much easier to clone the original win10home SSD onto my new SSD. But of course this way I'm stuck with home's auto update debacle. I really want to put Ubuntu on the gram but think I'll wait until I can find a Linux driver for the fingerprint scanner..
    RIGELRBboe_d
  • Reply Title Icon

RIGELRBRIGELRB Member
    Posted on 2019-08-22 21:42:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Please, anyone could mount the SO image of his LG Gram xxZ990, i'm in trobles after i did a clean installation of win 10, and LG does not have drivers in its webpage. I do not EVER think that a serious company how LG, wouldn't mount the drivers in its webpage.
  • Reply Title Icon

boe_dboe_d Member
    Posted on 2019-08-27 22:57:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm in the same boat as Timblaktu - I have an LG gram with a CLEAN install of Windows from MS - I need the camera drivers - not installing it with the LG update.   If you go to dell or any other PC manufacturer, you'll find the drivers for EACH component available in their group update but also individually for troubleshooting reasons.  LG makes a nice laptop but their support must be run by a single person who says if the update doesn't work take it to LG for repair.
  • Reply Title Icon

max18max18 Member
    Posted on 2019-10-17 05:49:53 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Hi, guys. The LG has published its application to Microsoft Store. So all the applications can get from Microsoft Store.
    RIGELRBJamalofLG
  • Reply Title Icon

RIGELRBRIGELRB Member
    Posted on 2019-10-24 11:53:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you very much MAX18, the apps LG CONTROL CENTER, LG READER MODE, LG ODS 3, allow work all the function of the keyboard. Futher LG update center go with new updates. Bye.
This discussion has been closed.