Skip to Content

Washer shows as disconnected in summary page of app

Hi, my washer shows as 'disconnected' in the app.  Dishwasher shows as "OFF", but then if I click on, it says "Disconnected" also, even though it shows 'off' …

Washer shows as disconnected in summary page of app

Posted on 2019-01-29 03:27:21 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi, my washer shows as 'disconnected' in the app.  Dishwasher shows as "OFF", but then if I click on, it says "Disconnected" also, even though it shows 'off' on the summary screen.  Dryer says "Power Off", and clicking on it, says "Power Off" (not 'disconnected')  Why is this so complicated?

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Washer shows as disconnected in summary page of app

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-31 01:45:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    sarahstauffacher, is he the first time connecting the devices in the Smart ThinQ app or were the devices connected previously, worked, and now are showing to be disconnected?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-31 02:46:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi, thanks for the reply..  The washer is brand new and just installed and connected to the app.  When washer power is off, it shows as 'disconnected', but the matching dryer that was just installed also, shows 'power off' in the app.  
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-31 02:50:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    sarahstauffacher, if you power the washer on, does it still show disconnected in the app?

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-31 19:13:20 Vote Up5Vote Down
    If I turn the washer on, it shows as “standby” (as does the dryer) in the app, but as soon as I turn it off, the status changes to “disconnected” (dryer status changes to “power off”).
    Cyamamoto91
  • Reply Title Icon

Cyamamoto91Cyamamoto91 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-05 03:08:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I too have this exact problem. The washer is always disconnected when off but will register when the washer is on. Dryer is fine when I see it in the app on standby
  • Reply Title Icon

AdamBAdamB Member
    Posted on 2019-02-05 20:43:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the same issue.  The washer shows disconnected after a few minutes.  I'm also not getting notifications on my phone that the washing cycle has completed.  I have notifications enabled in the app and on my phone.  This is for a new washer and the notifications have never worked.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-05 20:47:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Great.  I haven’t even gotten that far—to actually use the remote options.  Annoying, as this was a factor in choosing this set.   Thanks for sharing, at least it helps to know it’s not personal!
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-06 21:43:58 Vote Up0Vote Down

We've checked it out our here with our devices and it will be normal operation. The appliances in the app show Power Off or Disconnected when off, and Standby when the units are powered on.

• Reply Title Icon

bbuechebbueche Member
    Posted on 2019-02-07 18:57:18 edited February 7 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same problem with my new LG WM3700HVA WASHER, but my new LG DLGX3701V DRYER works as expected.  (As the dryer finishes, it transitions from "Finished" to "POWER OFF" and even has a message telling me I can still download cycles in the "POWER OFF" state.      However, the WASHER transitions to  "FINISHED, then "POWER OFF" then "DISCONNECTED"   and tells me to check my WI-FI.  And of course, I cannot download any new cycles unless/until I go press "START" on the washer.   The tech support person told me at first that this was normal--I reminded her that it absolutely is not normal---it should work like the DRYER works and it should not be "DISCONNECTED" with a "trouble message" to check my WI-FI just because a cycle is complete and the unit is powered off.  I suspect they either have a software bug or they have the WI-FI module incorrectly being powered down when the cycle completes. I was expecting to be routed to a level 2 tech support person to collaborate on this, but they have instead scheduled a repair person to come out.
  • Reply Title Icon

bbuechebbueche Member
    Posted on 2019-02-07 19:05:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I respectfully disagree with the LG Moderator  who states "We've checked it out our here with our devices and it will be normal operation. The appliances in the app show Power Off or Disconnected when off, and Standby when the units are powered on."        In my opinion, it should work exactly the same as the dryer which means it should ONLY say "DISCONNECTED" if  you unplug the power cord from the unit or if you have a problem with your home's router/internet connection, or if you go into settings and delete the connection.  And I remind all, the APP's instructions tell you that you can STILL download cycles in "POWER OFF" state, but in fact you CANNOT do this with the washer because the status is flagged as "DISCONNECTED".    (However, it works fine with the DRYER.)

• Reply Title Icon

bbuechebbueche Member
    Posted on 2019-02-07 19:13:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So there are (4) of us just in this thread alone having the exact same problem where the dryer status works in a manner that makes sense but the washer does not work as it should.  I'm hoping LG will acknowledge this issue and inform us of  next steps.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-07 21:03:57 Vote Up-5Vote Down

bbueche, I have attached a photo of what you're advising showing what we received. This was the case while the units were off, but they went to standby once the units were turned on.

While I do not believe it to be functioning optimally, at this time this is what appears when the units are powered down in SmartThinQ. We have also seen from time to time it shows "Off" in the app also. This has been forward to the Developers to see what can be done, but at this time, this is how it shows in the app.

bbueche

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-07 21:29:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This previous post picture is NOT accurate for me...washer shows DISCONNECTED, but dryer shows POWER OFF.  I have never had both of them read “disconnected”, (unless WIFI truly disconnected).  This was a problem only for the washer, the dryer seems to be operating correctly.  In my opinion, there shouldn’t be a difference in status between the 2 matching set of appliances.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-07 21:44:00 Vote Up5Vote Down

sarahstauffacher, that why it is being escalated. While everyone in this discussion is getting the issue with the washer only, everyone should be getting the same message for both when units in the app, when connected properly, whether showing DISCONNECTED or OFF.

Cyamamoto91

• Reply Title Icon

Cyamamoto91Cyamamoto91 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-09 07:45:20 edited February 9 Vote Up5Vote Down

This is my thinq app. My appliances are turned off (plugged in) and I cannot access the washer. I can download things to the dryer but the washer is inaccessible. 

Given everyone else's experience, I would assume everyone's app looks like this when it's off.

Turning the washer on with the button I get the standby and will notify me when the wash is done but then just goes into disconnected status.

Like everyone, my issue is isolated to the washer. The washer has been reduced to my app 2 times and multiple times unplugged to try and reset things. No change still.

Another important detail is that my washer takes some time to go into "disconnected" state. When it's on, it's on standby. When I hit the power off, it goes into power off mode then after a few minutes it'll go into "disconnected" and stay that way.
    Thojot