Skip to Content

"No Signal" on TV for Particular Blu Ray Discs

I have a 55UK6300 and am using a Sony Blu Ray player.  I can switch to the Blu Ray's input and it will play most things just fine.  When I insert a few sp…

"No Signal" on TV for Particular Blu Ray Discs

Posted on 2019-01-30 19:19:37 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a 55UK6300 and am using a Sony Blu Ray player.  I can switch to the Blu Ray's input and it will play most things just fine.  When I insert a few specific Blu Ray discs, the TV immediately goes black and eventually goes to the no signal screen.  When I eject the disc the TV brings the Blu Ray player's menu right back up.  If I put in a different disc, it all works fine.  If I hook up the Blu Ray player to a different TV, it all works normally.  If I hook up my other Blu Ray player (also a Sony) to the TV, the same thing happens with these discs.  Obviously something is different about these discs but I assume it's something with the TV since I know the Blu Ray players are outputting a signal and the discs play.  

I'm stumped.  Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on how to get this to work so I can watch these movies on this TV?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: "No Signal" on TV for Particular Blu Ray Discs

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-31 01:30:32 Vote Up0Vote Down

funkhouse9, are the discs 4k HDR or standard Blu-ray discs? Are the players connected directly to the TV or to and external device?

In the TV, go to Settings > All Settings > General > HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color. Is this turned on or off for the HDMI port the Sony player is connected to?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

MGGMGG Member
    Posted on 2019-02-17 02:39:54 edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issue and I found it is related to the Deep Color option on my LG OLED TV.  If I turn off  Deep Color and restart the TV, my Sony UHD Blu-Ray player works.  However, it then senses Dolby Vision and restarts to display, activating Deep Color, but this time the disc plays.  Im baffled why it does this and it's a pain to have to do this procedure every time I want to watch a movie.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-19 15:07:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    MGG, is the video output on the Sony player set to Auto or another option like 2160?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!