Skip to Content

Channel guide not displaying current channel

Just picked up a OLED55B8PUA and I love it. Pic quality is outstanding.

Channel guide not displaying current channel

Posted on 2019-02-01 19:26:05 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Just picked up a OLED55B8PUA and I love it. Pic quality is outstanding. One annoying thing I’ve come across using the Magic Remote is guise displaying correctly. Let’s say I’m on channel 1009 and I press guide on magic remote, it displays channel 1. I then either have to type in number to get back to where I was or scroll through talk those channels. Is there a way to get the guide to display the current channel I am on?

Thanks for any help or guidance!

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Channel guide not displaying current channel

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-01 19:34:40 Vote Up0Vote Down

Mooth, when you changed to channel 1009 did you use the magic remote or the STB remote?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

MoothMooth Member
    Posted on 2019-02-03 14:51:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Magic remote. When I use the standard cable box remote it works as it should. 
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-04 20:27:43 Vote Up0Vote Down

@Mooth, if you press the guide button on the remote, it will always start over at Channel 1. Once you exit out of the guide it will default back to channel 1 when you open it again. The only way it saves your spot on the guide is if it remains open in the background.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

MoothMooth Member
    Posted on 2019-02-05 22:31:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Seems like this would be an easy thing to fix. Is there a way to tell the guide to stay open in the background? Having to scroll through that many stations or punching in numbers on the remote seems like old technology. I’ve never had this issue with other tv’s.