Screen size

hi my lg smart tv is set on 16.9 but sometimes the left side of screen goes black and the ratio is original instead of 16.9

Screen size

Posted on 2019-02-05 04:08:57 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
hi my lg smart tv is set on 16.9 but sometimes the left side of screen goes black and the ratio is original instead of 16.9

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Screen size

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-06 19:14:46 edited February 6 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    philly, does the entire left side goes black or just a black bar appears on the left side only?
    Billkt
  • Reply Title Icon

cwojie12cwojie12 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-10 14:25:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mine is doing this also!  Aspect ratio locks on original.  If I turn the set off and back on it fixes the issue for a while.  65SK8000PUA is the model number
  • Reply Title Icon

BillktBillkt Member
    Posted on 2019-02-10 17:22:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Me too, please help. Aspect ratio will suddenly lock on original. Picture is small and on right side of screen. Aspect ratio is then greyed out and not available.  If I turn the set off and back on it fixes the issue for a while. Model OLED65C8PUA. Can I fix this or do a make a service call. TV is under warrenty.
  • Reply Title Icon

tita304tita304 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 00:06:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This happens to me as well it actually goes small and completely to the right with a large black rim to all around larger to the left.  The only way to come out of it is to hit live zoom but will eventually go back to it.
  • Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 02:51:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the 65B8PUA and the same thing is happening with our LG OLED. It seems it has been doing this for the last month and I am wondering if a software update is the reason this is happening. I would like to hear from LG concerning this issue.
  • Reply Title Icon

brunobruno Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 03:14:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    happens to me too,  only way to fix is to do a reset on the tv.    very frustrating

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-13 15:55:30 edited February 13 Vote Up0Vote Down

To a certain degree, the Aspect Ratio will change from 16:9 to Original regardless of the option selected as it would be predicated off the signal from the video source. Also if Just Scan is on or set to Auto, the TV will switch between Aspect ratios, but the picture should not go small and to a corner. More information about Aspect Ratio can be found on the TV under User's Guide > Tour of Settings List >Picture.

Would anyone be able to provide a video/photo of what their experiencing?  

• Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 18:18:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This is the picture when it shrinks in size. Aspect ratio is grayed out so have to turn tv off or go into my Apple TV then go back for it to correct itself.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-13 20:03:57 Vote Up0Vote Down

bmason, Thanks for the photo! This would require service to resolve. Please reach out to LG at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for assistance scheduling service.

Something you can try to correct the issue temporarily would be performing an AV reset.    *** THIS WILL RESTORE ALL PICTURE SETTINGS TO FACTORY DEFAULT.*** Press the MUTE button 3 times on the LG remote and select AV reset.

Could you provide your TV's software version & is this a 4K Apple TV?

• Reply Title Icon

BillktBillkt Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 20:52:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This picture and description is exactly what my OLED65C8PUA  is doing. Apparently several others have the same problem.  Since my TV is under warranty I suspect LG will have to replace or repair it. I thought there might be a software solution. My software version is 04.10.15
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-13 21:12:12 Vote Up5Vote Down

Billkt, thanks for the software info. And correct, repair would be the 1st option to correct it. Reach out to https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for assistance scheduling service.

Billkt
  • Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 23:24:28 edited February 13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Software version 04.10.15. The shrinking of picture does not happen on the Apple TV, I correct the shrinking screen by turning on the apple which is 4k then going back to regular tv. This corrects it or I have to turn off Tv to fix it. The aspect ratio is grayed out when the picture shrinks.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-14 14:58:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the info!
  • Reply Title Icon

tx5930tx5930 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 21:39:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mine is doing this also. I have a LG Electronics 86UK6570PUB that was purchased on Dec 11 and it's been doing it almost every day since I got in on the 19th. It does exactly what the above picture shows. To fix mine I switch to live TV and then back to Satellite. But on and off fixes it too.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-14 21:41:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    tx5930, may you provide the software version to your 86UK6570PUB?