RE: Screen size

tx5930tx5930 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 21:48:19 Vote Up0Vote Down

Software 04.10.15

• Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-17 03:58:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG support suggested that when the tv does this to hold the power button down for 15 second then turn tv back on. I did this on Thursday an so far it has not done this again so hopefully this fixed the problem.
  • Reply Title Icon

tx5930tx5930 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-17 13:06:07 edited February 17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Support on FB wanted me to change HDMI cables and inputs and see if it happens when viewing one of the apps. Since it’s a problem that comes and goes, that would mean I’d have to leave my tv on the app and not watch regular tv. That’s not a solution. Powering off the tv clears it up but it comes back. When so many people are having the same issue, I hate when they won’t admit that there is a problem. I have a hard time believing we all have bad cables and if switching inputs to a different HDMI input or watching a different app is the solution, that still means there is something wrong with the input that wouldn’t work. As far as adjusting the resolution, what the picture is doing is not any form of a resolution. There isn’t a resolution that moves the picture right with black around 3 sides. I have service scheduled but I don’t see how they can service a problem that happens randomly. It seems it’s probably a software issue.
  • Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-17 23:22:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Spoke to soon. Holding power button down for 15 seconds didn’t work. Did the same thing just now. Screen shrunk again.
  • Reply Title Icon

LukeMtechLukeMtech Member
    Posted on 2019-02-18 15:42:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My Lg 55 inch C8 aspect ratio shrinks on it's own. I have to shut off the TV to get it back. This happens randomly 3 or 4 times a day. I tried everything to stop it from happening and nothing seems to work. 
  • Reply Title Icon

UripadiesUripadies Member
    Posted on 2019-02-18 18:12:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    70UK6570PUB Does the same thing. I have to shut it off and turn it back on. Should I return it?
  • Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-18 21:39:44 edited February 18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Repair service was here today and we showed him the pictures of the screen when it shrinks. He said he will have to contact LG to see if the contol board should be replaced or maybe it’s a software problem and should we wait for a software update. Told him it always shrinks after the talza commercial. He said that it doesn’t adjust back after the commercial which may be a T board? Not sure what that is. So waiting to hear back from him. He said they are not opened today due to the holiday. So maybe an answer tomorrow. Will update when he gets an answer from LG.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-19 15:13:28 Vote Up0Vote Down

Uripadies, please provide your software version for your 70UK6570PUB.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-02-25 16:18:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Just to let everyone know LG told the repair service to replace one of the boards inside TV. The part has to be ordered so once the part is received it will be replaced.
  • Reply Title Icon

BillktBillkt Member
    Posted on 2019-03-14 13:31:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Does anyone have any updates on repairs or software changes to correct this issue or any other information.  I have not made any changes but my TV has not acted up for 5 weeks now. My TV was new in November so I still have several months left on the warranty if I need to get service. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-14 19:58:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Billkt, there have not been any software updated released pertaining to the before mentioned issue. So you haven't had the problem since 5 weeks ago?

• Reply Title Icon

BillktBillkt Member
    Posted on 2019-03-14 22:05:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, my last issue was Feb 9th. I got the TV on Nov 12th and had no problems until around middle of January. it did this 3 or 4 times and the last was Feb 9th. Very strange, there has been no software update and if it was hardware it would still be doing it. 

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-19 14:19:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks for the update. I will pass it on to Engineering. It reappears please let me know.

• Reply Title Icon

bmasonbmason Member
    Posted on 2019-03-19 19:50:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Repair man wa# here last week and replaced the main board. I told him the screen hadn’t shrunk for a couple weeks, since he was there to see the problem. He said LG recommended replacement of the main board as this was a known problem. Board has been changed for a week and so far no problems but again it stopped shrinking at least two weeks before the boards where changed. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-19 20:20:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks.