Skip to Content

Washer/dryer combo fills house with humidity

Had this unit for a year, and it has always done this from day one. And it's bad - really bad.

Washer/dryer combo fills house with humidity

Posted on 2019-02-05 17:46:19 Washer Dryer Combos Vote Up0Vote Down
Had this unit for a year, and it has always done this from day one. And it's bad - really bad. All the windows in the house fog up, condensation gets on all cold surfaces - it's like I took a hot shower in the living room. I always open a window and vent it out with a fan.

I thought it was just how these units work, but I've been reading more about them and found that they are not supposed to do this. What could be wrong? I say again - it has always done this since it was new.

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Washer/dryer combo fills house with humidity

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-06 19:28:34 Vote Up0Vote Down
    pleonasm, what's the model number to your unit?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

pleonasmpleonasm Member
    Posted on 2019-02-13 18:14:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It's a Kenmore Elite 41002. Basically a rebranded LG. I don't know which LG model it's identical to.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-13 20:17:45 Vote Up0Vote Down

pleonasm, LG washer/dryer combos are ventless so some humidity will be generated by the unit and would be normal operation. I would recommend checking the door gasket to see if there are any gaps where access humidity is seeping out.

If there isn't a gap or hole in the door gasket I would say it's normal operation since you advised it has been happening since day one.  If there is a problem with the door gasket, contact Kenmore for assistance with service.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-21 18:09:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Are you draining into a sink or into a drainpipe?  If you are draining into a sink, that may be too much exposure to the air; causing it to evaporate and humidify your house. If into a drainpipe, check your connections to make sure there is nowhere the steam can escape. Everything should be going down the drain and not into the air unless you are opening the doir while it is still hot and damp.