Skip to Content

UP970 - Won't boot after firmware update

I got a UP970 and am trying it out for the first time tonight. I started playing Spiderman Homecoming 4K UHD disc immediately to experiment and it worked fine.

UP970 - Won't boot after firmware update

Posted on 2019-02-09 08:37:56 Home Video Vote Up0Vote Down
I got a UP970 and am trying it out for the first time tonight. I started playing Spiderman Homecoming 4K UHD disc immediately to experiment and it worked fine. I went back out to the Home menu to finish configuring things, set the wifi networking, and checked for updates. 

It download the firmware over wifi (unfortunately, I didn't take note of what version the old and new was, but the driver version of the new was blank.) and said there shouldn't be a disc inserted during update and ejected the tray. It then did the update progress bar and at some point it finished, pulled the drive tray in and showed the LG boot logo, then black screen, then the TV (LG OLED65B7A) indicates no signal.

Now nothing happens. If I power off (red LED) then power on (green LED, drive noise), the LG boot logo will show for about half a second, then black screen, then no signal. The player's LED remains green and blinks if I send remote commands, but nothing ever happens. 

Did the firmware update brick the player? 

Any way to recover? I haven't found a firmware download yet to try manually updating via USB or disc.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: UP970 - Won't boot after firmware update

Posted on 2019-02-10 00:44:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Wow!!! Ok this is weird because my tv just got an update 2 hours ago and the screen is black ive only had it for about 1 month!!! I called LG and supposedly the motherboard crashed during the update! Now im waiting for a repair i seriously want to cry ive had it for 1 month!!