Skip to Content

49UB8500 and ARC Out

I have the LG 49UB8500 for a few years now but I just now bought a receiver with a HDMI ARC port.  I connect the HDMI2 port on the tv which is labeled ARC to the HDMI ARC port on the receiver.  On the TV, I changed the Sound Out to "External Speaker (Optical/HDMI ARC).  However, there is no sound out to my receiver.

49UB8500 and ARC Out

Posted on 2019-02-14 19:43:51 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have the LG 49UB8500 for a few years now but I just now bought a receiver with a HDMI ARC port.  I connect the HDMI2 port on the tv which is labeled ARC to the HDMI ARC port on the receiver.  On the TV, I changed the Sound Out to "External Speaker (Optical/HDMI ARC).  However, there is no sound out to my receiver.

Does the ARC function on this TV only works with LG sound bar or it works with other receivers as well?  I know Bluetooth only works with LG bluetooth headphones.  I wonder it's the same case here with HDMI ARC.
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 49UB8500 and ARC Out

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-14 19:56:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    toiday, under Sound Out after selecting Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC), there should be a drop down that says Digital Sound Out and SIMPLINK (HDMI - CEC). You would need to turn on SIMPLINK and this would activate the ARC on the TV.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!