Skip to Content

Is there a global isseu with the g6 phone?

Hi, I have the lg g6 h870s. The phone have 2 issues for one is the screen second is running games on it.

Is there a global isseu with the g6 phone?

Posted on 2019-02-18 23:31:58 G6 Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi,
I have the lg g6 h870s. The phone have 2 issues for one is the screen second is running games on it.
First there is some sort of image retention of previous apps when the background of the phone is grey for example however it dissappear after turning the screen of for some time. 
Second is whenever i play my games [pes 2019 and pubg] there is very heavy frame drops basically games unplayable at all even on lowest settings but some phones with lower specs run it better i mean how? And why? SD 821 should be ok. There is however a strange behaviour, when i pull down my notification bar during playing the frame drop dissapear and game run smooth for one min ecen on highest settings then it lags again untill i pull the bar down again i mean what is even the connection between these two things?
Is my phone defected or is it the software or what? 

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Is there a global isseu with the g6 phone?

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-19 23:03:05 Vote Up5Vote Down

Ahraf_eraky, there isn't any known issues with the unit. The G6 does have an OLED screen and if fixed images are displayed on the screen, image sticking can happen but if they are fading away this would be normal operation. Also there are a few things that can affect the frame rate of the device such as the graphics being played, resolution, and other apps running in the background.

The notification bar would be an internal menu and would not have any impact on the frame rate. This would be why it is fine when you pull it down but the problem reappears when you start the game again because the frame rate starts again because of the game is in use again. from what you have described both issues would be normal operation.

Ahraf_eraky

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Ahraf_erakyAhraf_eraky Member
    Posted on 2019-02-22 06:42:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for reaponding.
    But as far as i know the G6 has a LCD display not OLED which made confuced why there is even image retension. The performance however is below some midrange processors like SD 660 and 710. I make sure there is nothing running in background, i even optimize phone via smart doctor and graphics is lowest i even lower resolution. I am not sure whether it's the software or the optimization of the game it self that cause bad perfornance. At last i searched on the internet for similar problems with the G6 and i actually found pretty much of people have the exact same problem but with no solution yet.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-22 15:34:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The G6 would have a OLED screen, also is there a particular game you're noticing the frame rate dropping?

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!