Skip to Content

Oreo 8 updates to LG Rebel 4 and Premier Pro

After the 3 part Oreo download update, have had nothing but problems.  First push notifications galore, now I discovered that although there is much data available on the phone and you have the phone on data only, it thinks it's not on mobile data.  I have tried 2 factory resets on the Rebel 4.  First after the push notifications.  That one solved that issue.  Next after discovering the data issue, but that had no effect.

Oreo 8 updates to LG Rebel 4 and Premier Pro

Posted on 2019-02-23 01:13:38 TracFone Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
After the 3 part Oreo download update, have had nothing but problems.  First push notifications galore, now I discovered that although there is much data available on the phone and you have the phone on data only, it thinks it's not on mobile data.  I have tried 2 factory resets on the Rebel 4.  First after the push notifications.  That one solved that issue.  Next after discovering the data issue, but that had no effect. I have not done anything with the Premier Pro yet.  Amazingly, it received Oreo 8 (not as a 3part) and was running not too bad.  However, a short time after I updated the Rebel 4, a 3-part update came down for it as well and it is experiencing the not seeing mobile data problem. Has anyone had this problem, or similar?

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Oreo 8 updates to LG Rebel 4 and Premier Pro

SavemeSaveme Member
    Posted on 2019-02-23 17:43:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    UPDATE:  So, contacted Tracfone for the Rebel 4, who eventually first had me change the APN, then change it back, with no effect.  Then they had me take the sim card out and put it back it.  Now it seems to be working.  Just pulled the sim card out and put it back in on the Premiere Pro and it is also recognizing data now.  Some other posts have said this worked, but didn't last, so I'll have to wait and see.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-25 22:50:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Saveme, Thanks for the update!

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

umbralupusumbralupus Member
    Posted on 2019-06-06 11:21:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    How would I bypass the frp security patch on the Premiere Pro LTE (Tracefone)?
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-06 18:34:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    umbralupus, it would not be possible for you to bypass the FRP security patch.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!