Skip to Content

Volume control for home theater system

Hello! Just wanted to ask if it is possible to control the volume using lg tv remote when tv is connected to an external home theater system?

Volume control for home theater system

Posted on 2019-02-24 17:51:55 Home Theater Systems Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello!

Just wanted to ask if it is possible to control the volume using lg tv remote when tv is connected to an external home theater system? Currently, my lg 50uk6300ppe tv is connected via HDMI-ARC to a samsung ht h4500k home theater system. I can only control the volume using my samsung remote. Thanks!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Volume control for home theater system

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-25 00:27:45 Vote Up0Vote Down

Onyong, it would be recommended to go through the Device Connector on the TV and set up the home theater for Samsung. If you are unable to control the Samsung with one of the remote types there, it would not be possible.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

korvenkorven Member
    Posted on 2019-05-12 13:56:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello! My question is similar and therefore ask it in this thread. (Would you prefer the question to be moved to a new thread, I'd gladly do so.)

I just purchased LG OLED C8 and am trying to setup my sound system.
    My Yamaha AV-receiver has following audio inputs: RCA and optical audio (It does not have HDMI)
    The TV has following audio outputs: (HDMI), wireless, optical audio

I connected the TV to the AV-receiver via optical audio as both devices have it. How ever, it seems that this connection does not support volume control. (I've tried all possible audio setting combinations in the TV)

That's why I'm now trying to find a way to control the volume of the speakers (connected to the AV-receiver) via my LG TV remote. Before that succeeds, I'm forced to use one remote for volume control and another for everything else.

My question is: What is your recommendation on how to setup the system with minimal amount of new purchases so that volume can be controlled via the LG TV remote? Is there some audio cable adapters? Can LG TV remote be programmed to control my Yamaha AV-receiver? Or something else..

Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to hear any suggestions.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-14 12:47:27 Vote Up0Vote Down

korven, you can setup the universal control for the TV by going to Device Connector. You can setup control for the Home Theater and that may help with controlling the volume from the LG remote. 

If you've tried this, you can purchase an adapter (I would not have a particular one to recommend) to connect it via HDMI and setup the receiver through the Device Connector that way.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!