Skip to Content

65SK8000PUA HDMI-ARC

I can't get ARC to work at all. I set the sound output to ARC on the TV.  Simplex turns on by itself.

65SK8000PUA HDMI-ARC

Posted on 2019-02-27 02:33:58 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I can't get ARC to work at all. I set the sound output to ARC on the TV.  Simplex turns on by itself. But it won't output to my AvBox audio extractor.  I know the box works because I tested it with a different model TV (samsung) with ARC and it worked perfectly.  When I turn on ARC on the LG, the internal speakers cut out, but no sound comes through the HDMI-ARC cable.
Tagged:

9 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK8000PUA HDMI-ARC

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-02-27 17:01:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    swschummer, is digital sound out set to PCM or Auto? Set the TV to Audio Out (Optical/ HDMI ARC) and if SIMPLINK is on, turn it off. The unit may default back to Internal TV speakers but choose  Audio Out (Optical/ HDMI ARC) out again and turn on SIMPLINK.  

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

swschummerswschummer Member
    Posted on 2019-03-15 17:21:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    When I set sound to HDMI-ARC and then go to simplex, it's on.  ITs set to Auto.  I also tried PCM, no better.  In fact I tried every combination of settings I could think of.  Multiple times.  Over the course of 2 days.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-19 14:47:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There may be a compatibility problem between the TV and the extractor. Do you have a sound bar you can connect ARC to the TV to test if the ARC is functioning? 

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-05 14:39:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    No I don't.  The extractor works perfectly with my other brand TV. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-05 16:20:00 Vote Up5Vote Down

I understand but that doesn't always attribute to compatibility with every TV brand. The TV audio turning off when Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC) is selected would indicate the TV is sending the signal to the HDMI 2 port. SIMPLINK can only be turned on/off with the LG TV, there isn't anyway to edit or change any configurations of it.

swschummer

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-08 13:50:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Update.  I just purchased a new AV receiver, Onkyo TX-NR686.  The ARC function on the LG actually worked briefly with this receiver.  It was the first thing I checked when I opened the box.  I actually had it working, with sound coming out of the receiver speakers from the TV which was streaming Amazon video.  But the next day, it did not work at all, and has not since.  Same hi-speed hdmi cable, same setting. TV speaker setting is set to HDMI-ARC.   The TV does control the volume on the AV receiver so I know that the TV is sending "something" back thru the HDMI cable to command the receiver volume.  Just no sound.
    Just did the LG software update this morning too, as prompted.  So it's up to date. No effect.
    TV is less than 6 months old.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-08 16:08:54 Vote Up0Vote Down

When you say it isn't working, you no longer get sound from the TV to the A/V receiver or you play Netflix on the TV but get sound from your STB connected to the receiver (for example)?

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-08 21:21:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Av receiver works fine with my set top box.  The only thing I truly need Arc for is streaming content from the TV. TV will not send sound thru Arc.  So the Lg TV is not hdmi-Arc compatible with my extractor box nor my new AV receiver. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-09 15:41:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It would be compatible with an AV receiver. However, In most cases the source would need to be changed on the receiver. When you play the Internal apps are you getting sound from the devices connected directly in the receiver, or you get no sound? What is displayed on the screen of the Onkyo when you play the content from the TV?