Skip to Content

Netflix app seems to affect HDMI audio in

I have the LG UJ750V, recent purchase, and I have an optical audio cable running from the TV to my LG Blu-ray and surround sound box.

Netflix app seems to affect HDMI audio in

Posted on 2017-12-13 22:45:04 edited December 2017 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down
I have the LG UJ750V, recent purchase, and I have an optical audio cable running from the TV to my LG Blu-ray and surround sound box. Everything works fine for content on the TV - Live TV, apps, etc BUT I am getting no audio with anything plugged in via HDMI - Chromecast, laptop etc. 

I found this forum: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/NO-sound-from-LG-TV-through-HDMI-ARC/td-p/44320

Here someone says that after using the Netflix app on their LG TV, the HDMI audio in was broken. 

I followed the steps. Factory reset and then everything was working again, audio out to my speakers via optical for both live TV AND Chromecast via HDMI. Then I updated and signed into Netflix and Boom. No audio from anything connected via HDMI.

Has anyone else got this problem? Does anyone from LG read these posts who could potentially diagnose my issue?

Thanks in advance

1 Comments