Skip to Content

OLED b7 55 inch HDMI no Audio!

I recently connected an Optimum Samsung cable box via HDMI to my tv and get picture but absolutely no audio.  I have tried every HDMI port and same result.  I believed I had a faulty HDMI cable but I have tried 5 cables and same end result with all of them.

OLED b7 55 inch HDMI no Audio!

Posted on 2017-12-13 22:46:39 edited December 2017 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I recently connected an Optimum Samsung cable box via HDMI to my tv and get picture but absolutely no audio.  I have tried every HDMI port and same result.  I believed I had a faulty HDMI cable but I have tried 5 cables and same end result with all of them. I have searched everywhere for an answer to this and have been unsuccessful. I have a ps4 prop, apple tv, shield, and pc and all work fine through HDMI picutre/audio flawless.   
Tagged:

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: OLED b7 55 inch HDMI no Audio!

RichmondDanRichmondDan Member
    Posted on 2017-12-14 03:00:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sounds like the cable box...?
  • Reply Title Icon

rangermirandarangermiranda Member
    Posted on 2017-12-14 05:03:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I tried the cable box on another tv and the sound was working perfect.  I believe its an issue with the way the TV reads the sound coming out of the box.
  • Reply Title Icon

BossymanBossyman Member
    Posted on 2018-02-11 14:46:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This needs to be bumped.  It’s a major issue when HDMI ULTRA DEEP COLOR is activated. Here’s the lowdown:

I hooked up my LG 65C7.   I have it hooked up through brand new Onkyo RZ 820 receiver with an Oppo 203 blu ray, Apple 4K tv, and Samsung cable box. 

Everything works great EXCEPT this - when I set the LG C7 to HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color (which allows HDR/Dolby Vision on my Apple TV and HDR/Dolby Vision on my Oppo) I get NO SOUND when I’m trying to watch tv (through HDMI 2 CBL/SAT on Onkyo).  

I get sound on ALL OF MY OTHER DEVICES (Apple TV, Oppo).  

I have tried changing HDMI cables, playing with all sorts of settings on Onkyo receiver.  

I just can’t get sound when watching tv if tv is set to HDMI ULTRA DEEP COLOR. 

So now, I have to manually switch on to HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color before watching Oppo 203 or Apple TV. And then off to watch tv. 

Help!
  • Reply Title Icon

KindOfABigDealKindOfABigDeal LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-02-14 17:28:35 Vote Up0Vote Down

A lot of customers have had success receiving assistance via social media. I would recommend reaching out to the social media support team via Twitter @LGUSSupport or Facebook at www.facebook.com/LGUSA

• Reply Title Icon

manicmoosemanicmoose Member
    Posted on 2018-06-21 11:28:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Bossyman
    I realise this might be a bit late as I've only just read your post, but in my Onkyo 820 manual it clearly says that HDMI out (port 2) does not support ARC, so I'm kinda surprised it's working at all for you...