Skip to Content

plz update the arc to earc with a firmware update.

some months ago, sony updated the tv arc to earc.. with hdmi 2.0. why LG CANT?

plz update the arc to earc with a firmware update.

Posted on 2019-03-06 14:33:12 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
some months ago, sony updated the tv arc to earc.. with hdmi 2.0.

why LG CANT?

i bought a lg b8 oled and one lg soundbar with dolby atmos, but i cant use those components to get dolby vision + dolby atmos on netflix..

i feel sad.

thx.

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: plz update the arc to earc with a firmware update.

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-07 19:44:28 Vote Up-5Vote Down

IgnacioChile89, Dolby ATMOS would be supported via ARC on the B8, especially in Netflix. Try "The Punisher" "Mogili", & "Guardians of the Galaxy 2".  At this time we do not have any information to provide about E-ARC and if an update will be released for previous models. 

arclight917

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

NotguiltyNotguilty Member
    Posted on 2019-04-18 18:47:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Please fill this petition to ensure LG doesn't leave us in the dark; an update to the existing platform is not only possible, but should rather be supplemented to avoid unnecessary pressures to customers to upgrade.

https://www.change.org/p/lg-electronics-have-lg-add-earc-to-their-premium-oled-tvs
  • Reply Title Icon

nnielsennnielsen Member
    Posted on 2019-04-29 20:48:54 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I would like to see this as well.. There's nothing more disappointing than watching 4k hdr via the integrated smartos apps only to have limited sound capabilities.  It basically makes the smartos apps useless for anyone wanting full quality audio.  
    arclight917
  • Reply Title Icon

cheenucheenu Member
    Posted on 2019-08-20 22:40:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have been a loyal customer of lg::: washer dryer,tv, sound bar , bBECAUSE YOU **** DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE ON TV TO EArC LIKE OTHER BRANDS BECAUSE OF GREED I WIILL RETURN ALL MY LG **** AND ASK EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO BUY ANY **** LG