Skip to Content

27GK750F-B

Hello LG, It's been a while this nice subject 240Hz monitor is around, and its users found an annoying bug in its firmware.  In its default 240hz mode with most Nvidia GPU's (which are most common gaming GPUs), monitor's picture heavily stutters in motion.  I found (and many other users confirmed) that the actual problem relies to the fact that actual refreshrate in 240hz mode is 239,759Hz.

27GK750F-B

Posted on 2019-03-07 11:59:12 Gaming Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello LG,
It's been a while this nice subject 240Hz monitor is around, and its users found an annoying bug in its firmware. 
In its default 240hz mode with most Nvidia GPU's (which are most common gaming GPUs), monitor's picture heavily stutters in motion. 
I found (and many other users confirmed) that the actual problem relies to the fact that actual refreshrate in 240hz mode is 239,759Hz. If user with any resolution-editing utility, such as Custom Resolution Utility from ToastyX (CRU.exe) changes timings to change actual refreshrate from 239,759 to 239,760 the monitor runs fine. 
But it is very annoying and disappointing to new users, that in it's advertised and supported 240hz mode the motion picture stutters, if user does not fix it manually via CRU.exe

I beleive LG should fix it via a user-friendly firmware update with OnScreen Control software, the way firmware update was released to 34GK950F, and subject 27GK750F-B also has USB connectivity and USB cable provided.

There is my thread at blurbusters.com, check out the first TLDR post, it has actual iformation about currently found 27GK750F-B flaws. 

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3823

It is also found that 27GK750F-B has a bit higher input lag then most other 240hz monitors, but 34GK950F mentioned above had the same problem and luckily it was fixed by a firmware update released by LG.

I ask this community managers to forward this information to LG monitors tech dept.
The problems are real and it is in LG's possibilities to solve them for their users. We request the user-applicable firmware update to 27GK750F-B to fix its current issues.

Thanks.

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 27GK750F-B

qw_tipsqw_tips Member
    Posted on 2019-03-07 15:24:49 edited March 7 Vote Up15Vote Down
    I also suffer from this monitor issues, (as every owner does apparently). Please forward this request to the monitor tech department.
    • Critical Issue: the default's vertical refresh rate of 239,759Hz causes frameskipping and other stuttering problems.
    • Critical Issue: high input lag in all "aspect modes" (except Original) - this option is set on the monitor's OSD.
    The above issues happen (at least!) in firmware versions: 
    Would be nice if all 27GK750F users could have their firmware upgraded.

Additional requests:
    • Another user described a bug when switching from 240Hz with freesync to 240Hz with MBR, more info here.
    • Yet another request from advanced users, it would be a nice to have, and not important, but here it is: option to get rid of the OUT OF SYNC message when overclocking the monitor.

k2viper has helped many users in his thread at Blurbusters forums, with the workarounds he found. But we the users feel that the monitor's firmware should be updated to fix these issues. Like LG did with 34GK950F, even though the issues weren't as critical as in this monitor.

Thanks!
    k2viperskrifer17aldodqdq
  • Reply Title Icon

kaybeekaybee Member
    Posted on 2019-03-07 15:27:49 Vote Up10Vote Down
    As an owner of the monitor, I would also like to have an updated firmware for the 27GK750F. Is there a way to have an LG engineer comment on this thread?

skrifer17aldodqdq
  • Reply Title Icon

playerQWplayerQW Member
    Posted on 2019-03-07 17:02:40 Vote Up15Vote Down
    I have the frame skip problem.
    I really don't understand why engineers don't make firmware update a standard.
    This would avoid so many RMA's, negative comments, critics, loss of sales and money with refunds.
    Would be a win-win situation.
    The_Solid_ladqw_tipsskrifer17
  • Reply Title Icon

addeyaddey Member
    Posted on 2019-03-07 19:27:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here. This monitor has weird lags and or frameskipping issues.
    I also own different 240 Hz Monitors and no other monitor is showing this weird behaviour.

Also the input lag seems quite high, which hopefully will be fixed with a software update.
    I can not recommend this monitor, for the reasons stated in that discussion.

Also i am thinking of RMA this monitor, cause the issues are anoying.
    Basicly this Monitor is unusable out of the box, with a lot of systems.

So please LG, adress the issues and fix it, like you did with the LG 34GK950F.
    I really can't understand, why you release a monitor with issues like that...

• Reply Title Icon

BlurBustersBlurBusters Member
    Posted on 2019-03-07 19:37:40 Vote Up15Vote Down
    Hello,

We work with monitor manufacturers.

We confirm the problem with LG's monitor.

I am the founder of Blur Busters and would like to inform that there is a test that the monitor engineers can use.  It's called TestUFO Frame Skipping, located at www.testufo.com/frameskipping

The LG display is repeating a few refresh cycles per second in high speed camera tests

In Chrome browser, the test is able to filter-out browser stutter, so any stutter is the display's fault.  So, there is a definite problem, that requires a firmware fix.

Thanks,
    Mark Rejhon
    Founder, Blur Busters
    k2viperqw_tipsaldodqdq
  • Reply Title Icon

The_Solid_ladThe_Solid_lad Member
    Posted on 2019-03-09 00:07:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I agree with playerQW, user friendly firmware updates would mean great press for LG, they'd have an edge over competitors in the eyes of gamers.
    And it would also be really helpful for enthusiasts!
    Win-win.
  • Reply Title Icon

TComprTCompr Member
    Posted on 2019-03-10 14:35:45 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I've taken a video (also posted in the blurbusters thread) showing both frameskipping and frames being buffered out of order:

The video is of the frameskipping test at blurbusters (https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping), and recorded using the high speed camera feature of Galaxy S8.

There are frameskip between the following frames (see that 3 squares were skipped):

Frame 17:

Frame 18:

And you can see that the monitor somehow displays frames out of order checking the following frames of the video (the square is actually "going back in time"):

Frame 337:

Frame 338:

Frame 340:

Of course, both issues are not really acceptable for any monitor, much less a "gaming monitor". They are very noticeable. By default, I would consider this monitor defective, unless you are willing to edit the timings with a third party app.
    If you use the CRU utility and alter the parameters to change actual refresh rate from 239,759Hz to 239,760Hz, both issues are fixed.

LG, please check the issues and provide us with a firmware to fix them.

k2viperskrifer17
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-13 16:22:58 Vote Up20Vote Down

Good Morning,

Thanks you for brining this information to our attention. I have escalated these findings over to the Engineering Dept. for review. I will provide more information once I receive an update.

Thanks

qw_tipsTComprk2viperkaybee

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

himalayasvenhimalayasven Member
    Posted on 2019-03-18 14:47:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello, just letting you know that I would also very much appreciate a firmware update for this issue.
  • Reply Title Icon

skrifer17skrifer17 Member
    Posted on 2019-03-29 14:52:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    hi any news ...? We need the solution for firmware update via usb, please I paid for this monitor .. !!
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-29 19:11:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    No update yet still awaiting a response.  

• Reply Title Icon

kaybeekaybee Member
    Posted on 2019-04-02 02:26:14 edited April 2 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Could you relay some information back please?

A ) Are they acknowledging the issue and working on a firmware update?
    B ) Have they not looked into it at all yet?
    C ) Have they seen the issue but don't deem it necessary to resolve?
    D ) Have they seen the issue but are unable to resolve it?

There are many people affected by this.

Thanks!
    himalayasven
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-03 13:39:57 edited April 3 Vote Up0Vote Down

A) Have not heard anything yet to say yes or no either way.

B) It was escalated up beyond my POC, so it is being worked on.

C) No idea

D) No idea

• Reply Title Icon

WeiWei Member
    Posted on 2019-05-04 13:18:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    After two months of waiting, all we've got is the issue was escalated and no further info is given at all. 
    When it comes to things like this, it just makes us, LG customers, wonder we should never buy LG products again.
  • Reply Title Icon

aJamaJam Member
    Posted on 2019-05-05 08:17:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am thinking of buying this monitor, but after reading these messages I started to doubt. However, looking at other big companies, their activity in forums and response to customer might not be all that different from what we see here. 
    It would be nice if someone could keep us updated about the issues, especially about those, that users detect and even give advice how to solve them.