Skip to Content

LDP6797ST Will not power on

Hello, this unit died about 1 month after the warranty expired.  I have replaced the Noise Filter & the Main Control Board.  It will still not turn on when p…

LDP6797ST Will not power on

Posted on 2019-03-08 00:06:43 Dishwashers Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello, this unit died about 1 month after the warranty expired.  I have replaced the Noise Filter & the Main Control Board.  It will still not turn on when pressing the power.  The red light comes on on the Control Board when I turn on the breaker, but nothing happens when I try to push the power button.  I have tried the "reset" function, and nothing happens.  What else could it be?

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LDP6797ST Will not power on

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-08 20:30:40 Vote Up-15Vote Down
    abastyr, the next step would be service to have the unit properly diagnosed. You can contact us at: https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for assistance with service.
    abastyrDookieBSparkman6

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

abastyrabastyr Member
    Posted on 2019-03-08 20:50:55 edited March 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am trying to avoid paying the service fees on a 1 year + 1.5 month old dishwasher that has already had a catastrophic failure that was covered under the warranty. This is the 2nd Major Failure since i've owned it. My old junky one lasted 19 years, and I had hoped this LG one that matches all  my other LG appliances would have lasted longer.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-08 21:12:55 Vote Up-5Vote Down

Understood. Check out this link for troubleshooting assistance for no power: https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000009-20150791852235-no-power

Sparkman6

• Reply Title Icon

abastyrabastyr Member
    Posted on 2019-03-08 22:13:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That is a link for a washing machine...I'm having trouble with a Dishwasher...
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-11 13:12:48 Vote Up-15Vote Down
    The troubleshooting for no power would be the same.
    jonesgr1DookieBSparkman6

• Reply Title Icon

miko5240miko5240 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-05 13:14:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issue. After a cycle, the diswasher doesn’t power on. The dishwasher in on a single circuit. I tried to close the breaker and lite on several times, the red light under the dishwasher turned on but not the power, neither anything on the control panel. The only way i found to repower the dishwasher is by separate the black wirings (connection between the power line and the dishwasher wire under it) than with power still in the main circuit, reconnect it to the dishwasher wire. It will cause a spark that seems to wake everything up.... Weird but it worked for me. That’s the third time in less than 2 years that this problem is happening...
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-06-06 17:55:00 Vote Up-10Vote Down
    miko5240, the unit will require service. Please send me a private message for further assistance.
    DookieBSparkman6

• Reply Title Icon

ecollier2004ecollier2004 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-23 14:57:50 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Just had the same thing happen with my dishwasher.   14 months after purchase date.   Didn't think I needed to buy extended warranty's with LG products due how long my previous appliances have lasted.   1 service visit for $89 and then $$$ on control board and still not working.    Piece of junk.   Posting my review on Best Buy.   
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 17:54:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ecollier2004, please message me your contact information for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

JDubSoCalJDubSoCal Member
    Posted on 2019-07-24 23:03:48 Vote Up5Vote Down
    It seems that I may have bought the wrong brand dishwasher.  It seems several people are having the same problem I am having.  My LG LDP6797st is experiencing no power to the control panel.  I’ve had the dishwasher for 13+ months.  It seems to be the same for several people on here.  I’m very disappointed in this product.  And I refuse to pay to have someone come out to fix this problem that is certainly “NOT” isolated to me.  I purchased this item from Lowe’s, and wish I hadn’t.  LG wants me to pay a repair technician to come out and evaluate it and resolve the problem.  Hey LG, a lot of people are having the same exact problem in the same amount of months since purchase.  Most likely not a coincidence.
    DookieB
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-27 15:10:49 Vote Up0Vote Down
    JDubSoCal, you can please message me your information and will have the case reviewed further to see how can assist 

• Reply Title Icon

dxhdxh Member
    Posted on 2019-07-29 20:29:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue, 19 months old. Whole kitchen full of LG but I'm not paying for service or another LG 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-02 20:41:00 edited August 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dxh, please message me your contact info and I'll see what can be done regarding service.

• Reply Title Icon

ggleon01ggleon01 Member
    Posted on 2019-08-03 03:01:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I purchased my Dishwasher exactly a year and 1 month ago and I am having the same issue. Maybe it is a warranty issue.
  • Reply Title Icon

crblastercrblaster Member
    Posted on 2019-08-03 03:31:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ours is about 1.5 years and it just happened tonight :(