Skip to Content

65UK6500AUA IR/Remote issue (pressing left/right results in endless left/right presses)

I just got a really annoying problem today on my ~2 month old 65UK6500AUA. The remote inputs barely register, and when they do, the input constantly repeats.

65UK6500AUA IR/Remote issue (pressing left/right results in endless left/right presses)

Posted on 2019-03-14 02:37:59 edited March 2019 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I just got a really annoying problem today on my ~2 month old 65UK6500AUA. The remote inputs barely register, and when they do, the input constantly repeats. Like if I get the TV to accept a right arrow input, it scrolls to the very end of the list to the right. Same thing for up/down/left. It's spazzing out constantly, making the TV unusable. Has anyone seen this?

Things I've tried:
1. Unplugging the TV for 15 minutes
2. Trying another LG remote (same exact model remote from a 49")
3. Trying my cell phone remote app (Sure Remote).
4. Replacing batteries (for ultra redundancy).
5. Resetting to "initial setup" menu, which was incredibly hard to navigate to.

It seemed like this started after running out of memory in the web browser, while I was streaming a video. The TV locked up completely, which is a common problem I've had with the built-in browser. There must only be 256-512mb of RAM in these.

I'd try their remote assistance, but it'll probably take a half hour just for me to select the app.

I swear if this TV has to go back to the store, I'm done with LG. This TV was already a replacement for another faulty unit, and traveling 40 minutes to Sam's Club to replace it isn't exactly simple for a 65" TV in the snow and ice.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I appreciate any help.

6 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65UK6500AUA IR/Remote issue (pressing left/right results in endless left/right presses)

Posted on 2019-03-14 10:51:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm really struggle with this concept.  I too, can't ff on BBC iPlayer.  Did you resolve your problem?
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: 65UK6500AUA IR/Remote issue (pressing left/right results in endless left/right presses)

jessefjessef Member
    Posted on 2019-03-14 20:55:39 edited March 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My problem affects everything the remote does, any app, and even the settings menu. Pressing the right-arrow once will make the selection move all the way to the right and just keep moving. Same with the settings menu, if I press the down arrow, it will just scroll infinitely, from going to the bottom back to the top back to the bottom etc.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 21:27:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jessef, based off everything you've tried to this point I would have to say the next step would be service. You can message us at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for assistance with service.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-19 21:27:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    MorningtonCrescent, what is the model number to the TV and where are you located?

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-21 13:34:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sorry for delay, big computer problems.  Model number is OLED55B8SLC.  I live in Manchester, UK
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-03-21 14:48:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    MorningtonCrescent, the onscreen control will not allow you to fast forward or is it the buttons your using on the LG to fast forward? Are you able to rewind or fast forward in this app or any other apps?