Skip to Content

Firmware Update needed for UBK90 Blu Ray Player

I have a LG OLED65E7P Smart TV and the LG UBK90 BluRay Player.  These are hooked up to my surround sound system using the HDMI ARC connection to my Yamaha r…

Firmware Update needed for UBK90 Blu Ray Player

Posted on 2019-03-16 20:31:45 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a LG OLED65E7P Smart TV and the LG UBK90 BluRay Player.  These are hooked up to my surround sound system using the HDMI ARC connection to my Yamaha receiver where they are connected to a number of other devices.  I also have a Logitech Harmony Elite remote control so that I can control them all without several remotes. 

My issue is with the HDMI CEC/Simplink.  In order to use the HDMI ARC connection on the TV, I have to have Simplink turned on on the TV.  However, having this on causes the LG UBK90 BluRay Player to power on every time the TV powers on, even when I don't want to use the Blu-Ray player.  This causes my receiver to switch inputs and completely messes up the functionality of my Harmony remote.  

I've tried everything I can think of, and I'd like to ask LG to PLEASE issue a firmware update to the UBK90 BluRay Player to allow us to turn off Simplink on the BluRay Player so that it can stay on on the TV (to provide an ARC connection) without actually changing inputs/powering on the BluRay Player.  

If anyone else has dealt with this and has a solution, I'm all ears!  :)

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Firmware Update needed for UBK90 Blu Ray Player

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-03-19 20:31:53 Vote Up10Vote Down
    eracer001, thanks for sharing. I will get the suggestion escalated to the factory about adding the ON/OFF option to the player for the CEC. In all honesty, this is how the CEC option is intended to work but it would be beneficial to enable/disable at your discretion.  
    eracer001ravid4man

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Freddy6666Freddy6666 Member
    Posted on 2019-04-07 23:08:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have exactly the same problem with my 43UK6300PUE tv and my LG BP350 Blue-ray player
  • Reply Title Icon

tranceportertranceporter Member
    Posted on 2019-05-13 20:30:42 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I am also having this issue with a LG UBK90 and a LG OLED65C8PUA. Any assistance would be great as I have to unplug the bul ray player constantly as it messes everything up. Thanks!
    NiceMonkey
  • Reply Title Icon

ravid4manravid4man Member
    Posted on 2019-08-22 14:24:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I just purchased the LG OLED 65C8 and have it connected to the LG UBK90 and into my 7,1 surround Sound Denon Receiver , I also find it annoying that when I turn on the tv the LG UBK blu ray also comes on and my installation guy is puzzled