Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

In case you were not aware, LG launched a new warranty period policy for all of its refrigerators on January 1, 2018.  The new warranty extended its labor portion of the warranty to 5 years for its cooling (sealed) system components, please see below chart for details.

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
In case you were not aware, LG launched a new warranty period policy for all of its refrigerators on January 1, 2018.  The new warranty extended its labor portion of the warranty to 5 years for its cooling (sealed) system components, please see below chart for details.

New Cooling (Sealed) System Warranty Coverage

Related Components

Parts Coverage

Labor Coverage

Compressor

Evaporator

Condenser

Drier

Connection tube

5 Years

5 Years

Linear/Inverter Compressor

10 Years

5 Years

All other non-cooling system parts

1 Year

1 Year

* Coverage begins from the date of the purchase

After consideration, we thought the same coverage should be benefited by all our consumers. Accordingly, we are proud to honor the same warranty coverage to our consumers who purchased a LG refrigerator prior to January 1, 2018. For example, if it is now June 1, 2019, and you purchased your refrigerator on June 2, 2014, your refrigerator will be repaired as to the Cooling System with no cost to you whatsoever, parts or labor!

If repair is needed*, please call our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000 where an agent will work with you to resolve your issues. 

Or you can visit: https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, and provide the required information** to expedite the process.

* If you have already had a qualifying unit repaired at your own cost, please use the link above to contact us, so that we can explore possible options with you.

** Proof of purchase will be required for all units.  Please have the receipt or invoice, from the store in which you purchased the unit, available when contacting an agent.

Thank you,

~Ryan, LG Electronics Alabama, Inc.

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

FridgeBrokeFridgeBroke Member
    Posted on 2019-03-31 20:10:10 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hi,

My Kenmore (LG product) fridge broke last week.  The Sears technician said it was the compressor, which we all know is an issue on the LG products.  The fridge was purchased in June of 2017, less than 2 yrs old.  I called both LG and Sears trying to verify the information listed above, and they kept bouncing me back and forth to one another.  (It is also Sunday and it was clear the call center I was connected to was overseas)

Questions I have:

1) Does this labor + parts warranty apply to LG refrigerators with a Kenmore name on them?
    2) If so, what's the best way to enact this warranty and get it fixed with labor and parts covered?
    3) Is this warranty information common knowledge/promoted anywhere else?  Shouldn't my technician have known about it?  He quoted $1500 parts and labor to get it fixed......

Thanks,
    -FridgeBroke
    m6781m
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-04-01 15:41:43 Vote Up0Vote Down

FridgeBroke, this would only apply to LG branded refrigerators. Kenmore units would need to be addressed and serviced by Sears.

m6781mlindamoore1218

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

nwusernwuser Member
    Posted on 2019-04-17 16:03:42 Vote Up15Vote Down
    I am glad that LG finally made some resolution for all the LG fridges that are failing. My fridge failed after only 18 months and got repaired finally after 5 long miserable months. Then last Sat it started doing the same exact problem again. The noise is unbearable, the freezer is not cooling. And I know the cycle will continue with the fridge failing totally. Called CS and they gave me the same talk about troubleshooting. Well, I have been thru this hell before so I NEED a tech to repair it. Can you help with that?
    hramdonBearzie626Galvestonasac
  • Reply Title Icon

nwusernwuser Member
    Posted on 2019-04-17 16:04:36 Vote Up10Vote Down
    18 months from our last repair that it seems the longest this french door fridge can work. 
    hramdonBearzie626
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-17 18:32:16 edited April 17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Please call our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000 where any agent will provide you with 5 year coverage for parts and labor on the sealed system. Or you can visit this link: {https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new }, and provide the needed info and we will reply within 24 business hrs. You can also send me a private message for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

MichaelTorpeyMichaelTorpey Member
    Posted on 2019-04-24 03:57:36 Vote Up15Vote Down
    I called 800-243-0000 and literally just spent 20 minutes explaining this new warranty policy to a customer service rep.  I purchased my fridge in 2016 and she insisted that my cooling problem would not be covered under warranty and I would be charged for labor.  I repeatedly read LG's own announcement "your refrigerator will be repaired as to the Cooling System with no cost to you whatsoever, parts or labor!"  3 holds later and she finally agreed labor would be covered.  It's ridiculous that sealed systems and linear compressors in these fridges are failing prematurely.  It's nice that LG realized the problem and is offering their new warranty to previous customers.  It would be even better if they let their customer service agents know about it....  
    ps  I'm still on hold waiting for an appointment. 
    hramdonBearzie626Galvestonasac
  • Reply Title Icon

3tjntjntjn33tjntjntjn3 Member
    Posted on 2019-04-24 16:37:04 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I have LG LFXS29766S /01 that was bought two years ago and a few days ago it stopped cooling in freezer and refrigerator compartments. I called a tech to come to look at my unit and since all evaporator fans and compressor were running, he suspected that the Freon leaked out. It was for me hard to believe that it could happen/was possible after only two years but I'm not a refrigerators tech. He said that he can install (what he called) a piercing valve on the cooper line to check Freon level and add it to the system if necessary. Since I knew the warranty had already expired before the refrigerator stopped working I let him do it. Unfortunately (as I thought) the Freon level in the system was OK. The unit still not working/cooling and the question now is: Would this/my refrigerator be still covered under the new 5 years warranty on the cooling system?
    Thanks

hramdonJoeyStarr
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-24 18:22:07 Vote Up5Vote Down
    MichaelTorpey, I have escalated the problem to our Customer Service Dept. for product improvement. If you still need assistance, please feel free to private message me.
    JoeyStarr

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-24 18:29:19 edited April 24 Vote Up5Vote Down
    3tjntjntjn3, If the problem is with the sealed system, yes, it will be covered under the 5 year warranty by LG. You can call our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000, visit https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, or send me a private message for further assistance. 
    JoeyStarr

• Reply Title Icon

wcarverwcarver Member
    Posted on 2019-04-29 16:17:59 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Is my refrigerator model number LFXS24623S, serial number 604MRFP17755, purchased on 5/27/16, included in the 5 year parts and labor sealed system warranty ? Please advise ASAP. 
    JoeyStarr
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-04-30 13:34:48 Vote Up5Vote Down
    wcarver, Yes it is included.
    JoeyStarr

• Reply Title Icon

halljh1945halljh1945 Member
    Posted on 2019-04-30 23:49:35 Vote Up15Vote Down
    My LG refrigerator is 2-1/2 years old & it quit working. LG sent out a repair person 5 times, replaced 3 compressors & numerous other parts. After 5 weeks it still doesn't work. The technician finally said it could not be fixed. LG said they will not replace it since I was not the original purchaser. So after 2 years it is a piece of junk.
    hramdonWhyThisMessLGJoeyStarr
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-01 16:55:51 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    halljh1945, was the unit purchased with the home or was it purchased directly from another customer?
    halljh1945

• Reply Title Icon

dhainseydhainsey Member
    Posted on 2019-05-02 15:10:46 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I am having a similar run around with LG and AE Services.  After the first AE visit and repair, the technician said that it needed a new compressor.  He said it is up to LG to send me one directly, schedule an appt.  and they would install it.  LG said that it is in AE's contract to pull the part themselves and bring it to the house for repair.  I have been stuck in this loop for 2 weeks.  So I have an unresolved problem with AE and LG pointing fingers at each other about how to get a compressor.  Please HELP!
    hramdonJeffLCoughlin
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-02 15:24:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dhainsey, message me you info here, https://lgcommunity.us.com/messages/add. I will check into the case and update you on the status.