Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Well well well...this does NOT include all refrigerators purchased prior to Jan 2018.  After speaking with Mary at LG on our LFX31925ST/00 purchased 10/23/14 we found out they are happy to cover parts but NOT labor as this article indicates.

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-08-22 02:27:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well well well...this does NOT include all refrigerators purchased prior to Jan 2018.  After speaking with Mary at LG on our LFX31925ST/00 purchased 10/23/14 we found out they are happy to cover parts but NOT labor as this article indicates. WHY??? Because the fridge was manufactured in 2011.  I AM SORRY BUT HOW IS A CUSTOMER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE? This article says NOTHING about DOM. We bought it in Oct 2014 and you mean to tell me that HOME DEPOT held onto this fridge in their warehouse for 3 flippin years?  That is not my fault as the consumer and I am certain all the legal cases that are out there won't validate this exception. I have over 18k worth of LG **** in my house!!! 
  • Reply Title Icon

CABLUNTCABLUNT Member
    Posted on 2019-08-22 14:12:59 Vote Up5Vote Down

Hello. Our LFX31925ST refrigerator was purchased in the spring of 2013 and has been a mess most of its ownership. We have had constant ice maker failure code issues and have repeated icing. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of complaints and lawsuits over this model and its issues and the newly announced five year warranty lookback excludes me and this model. Just yesterday we discovered that the unit was running (had been making louder noises but this unit always does due to its very flawed nature) but had stopped cooling but too late and lost a lot in the freezer. We unplugged the unit, let it fully defrost with the doors open and plugged it back in last night and it is cooling again. At this point we do not trust LG or this unit at all and have finally turned off the ice maker for good because of its repeated failing. We are faced with throwing out a VERY EXPENSIVE unit that is just six years old with a 10 year warrant on the compressor that failed yesterday. With all of the very, very public problems of this unit what can you do to help? It seems reasonable to ask for the five year protection offered to the 2013 purchasers to get their ice maker and fan issues addressed as well as the possible compressor issues. Thank you on behalf of all the LFX31925ST owners for your assistance.

mtrinh
  • Reply Title Icon

pedmrdpedmrd Member
    Posted on 2019-08-22 23:32:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Freezer not working, called customer service , suspect the compressor, repair dealer referred to doesn’t do compressor repairs, coming out Monday to diagnose. Who is supposed do repairs under warranty owned refridgerator 18 months.  
  • Reply Title Icon

skippie5462skippie5462 Member
    Posted on 2019-08-23 19:20:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi. I spent almost $3K on a LFXS27566s/01 exactly 2 years ago today. I also purchased the extended warranty through Home Depot. Day before yesterday the freezer suddenly stopped cooling and then the refrigerator stopped cooling. I started the claim process yesterday. Today I get a notice that my repair service is scheduled for 8/29 - an entire week without a fridge or freezer. I realize machines break down, but this not an acceptable way to treat a customer - at least not one you want to keep.
  • Reply Title Icon

SOtiredOFthisSOtiredOFthis Member
    Posted on 2019-08-25 21:12:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    What good is any of this when you're on your THIRD week living out of ice coolers because all you get from LG and the company you purchase your fridge from are delays and another number to call?!  THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!   This morning the LG live chat person disconnected me because I refused to answer the checklist of ignorant questions (again) after I'd told her it had been unplugged for nearly a month.  Things like... "put your hand behind the fridge and tell me if you feel moisture."  When I asked "is this a real person or an automated robot?" she actually disconnected the conversation.  Long story short, I'm buying a REPUTABLE brand fridge next week, from a REPUTABLE company.  Never again LG.... I feel you stole three grand from me, and now mock me for being a fool trying to get this phony replacement warranty for nearly a month.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-08-27 08:32:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I called LG and cited this page and the 10 year warranty. For linear compressors. I was told it was simply not true.

So, is it 10 years or 7 on the compressor?  It is very frustrating to get conflicting info from reps of the same company.
  • Reply Title Icon

leahMeleahMe Member
    Posted on 2019-09-03 02:40:15 Vote Up0Vote Down
    How do I go about getting my compressor fixed it stopped working and was only purchased in 2-15
  • Reply Title Icon

ActnowActnow Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 17:21:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My freezer stopped freezing and ice maker stopped making ice two days ago.  I have emailed LG, called LG customer service and called the "authorized repairmen" from LG.   No one has responded to my emails, customer service was oblivious to any knowledge of the extended warranty that covers all parts and labor and the "authorized repairman" either don't answer their phones or say they are not available for the foreseen future.  Customer service says all of their repairman are "unavailable".  In the meantime I have had to throw out over $600 worth of frozen food.   I need immediate attention to fix what is clearly faulty manufacturing by LG with a nearly secret warranty that I only stumbled upon by chance.  
  • Reply Title Icon

LGFrustratedLGFrustrated Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 17:39:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I bought a LG refrigerator less than 3 years ago.... it stopped working more then a month ago....and still doesn't work... 3 plus weeks wait for a repairperson... broken compressor the two repairmen say. parts have been coming to my house almost daily 2 then 3.... A&E scheduled my next repair appointment September 18.... so another 2 weeks...Under warranty? they say it is..... lose food about $300 dollars.... Cost of going out to eat a lot grrrr... LG is not making points and that is putting it nicely. 
  • Reply Title Icon

BobbyDillBobbyDill Member
    Posted on 2019-09-04 23:24:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We have been so happy with our LG Instaview refrigerator-until sometime overnight.   We purchased this 18 months ago for over $3,000.   Trying to figure out what to do - whats covered, what isnt?   Ive done troubleshooting and its just not cold at all!  Fridge and freezer!     Its running but no cooling and shuts off when I open the door.   Anyone else?   LG - HELP!
  • Reply Title Icon

jjdenverjjdenver Member
    Posted on 2019-09-06 01:43:56 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I bought my ref in May 2017. In July 2018 a fan stopped working that pushed cold air into the freezer. LG sent a tech to replace the fan. On Aug 30 2018 the same problem has happened again. The freezer reads 0 degrees on the front door but ice cream is melting in the freezer. Mine is an expensive french door with freezer drawer model using R134a refrigerant. 

I called LG and they said they would cover it and send someone out to work on it. But when I called the local repair company that LG gave me to call they said they need a ticket # from LG. So I called LG back and this time got a different story. LG sent me to "out of warranty" and the lady said that I have to pay $125 dispatch fee, and $250 labor for compressor or sealed unit (condenser, dryer, evaporator) if either of those need replacement. I'm pretty sure it's just a fan so I asked her about that and she said I'd have to pay for that and the tech would tell me how much the cost will be for it.

This leaves me quite frustrated and disappointed and I have some questions:
    1) Why when I first called LG were they fine to fix it but the 2nd time I got send to "out of warranty" group?
    2) Why on this web site does it say that 5 years parts and labor are covered.

"After consideration, we thought the same coverage should be benefited by all our consumers. Accordingly, we are proud to honor the same warranty coverage to our consumers who purchased a LG refrigerator prior to January 1, 2018. For example, if it is now June 1, 2019, and you purchased your refrigerator on June 2, 2014, your refrigerator will be repaired as to the Cooling System with no cost to you whatsoever, parts or labor!

If repair is needed*, please call our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000 where an agent will work with you to resolve your issues. "

Clearly my refrigerator has a COOLING SYSTEM PROBLEM since ice cream is melting in my freezer. Why will LG not cover this? It makes no sense. Please help.

Thanks
    John

BobbyDill
  • Reply Title Icon

mtrinhmtrinh Member
    Posted on 2019-09-07 10:34:31 Vote Up5Vote Down
    We purchased a 3-door LG LFX31925ST/03 refrigerator in late 2012 from Home Depot and had it delivered and installed in February 2013 for about $3200. After about 6 years of use, it went out on us. The unit is still looking good yet it is not cooling. The ice machine was not making ice about two months ago, so we turned it off. Then the refrigerator and freezer stopped cooling a few days ago. We unplugged it for 24 hours and powered it up again. It didn't work. We watched a video online and it said to clean the condenser and check the fan. We cleaned it and checked that the fan was working, so we powered it up again for 24 hours. It didn't work. The unit remained warm. We called our repair guy and he said there is a designed flaw in this model and parts are hard to come by. I then daunt on me that there should be a manufacturer website for support. I emailed the Support line yesterday and hopefully they call me back soon. If the problem is with the compressor, the unit should still be under warranty. We spent good money for this unit and we expect it to last at least 10 years or more.

goatbutt
  • Reply Title Icon

cswagnercswagner Member
    Posted on 2019-09-08 01:23:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    On 12/20/2015 I chose to spend $7000 for all new LG appliances including a $2200, LFXS24623S Refrigerator.  In April of 2019, I called the 1-800-243-0000 number to schedule a service call for the fridge which was not making ice.   After all the preliminary diagnosis and being placed on hold several times,  I was told at that time that I would need to contact an authorized LG repair center on my own because they were unable to provide service in my area through whichever service they normally use or they were unable to contact that service center.  They were also unable to provide me with a name of an alternate authorized service center.  

Via searching online,  I found some in my area.  We had the first service come out who proceeded to tell us after diagnosis, that while they were an authorized repair service, they were not authorized to replace compressors but had no issue charging us their minimum $63 service charge.  They did let us know of a company that was authorized to work on compressors.  We called them and they came out on 4/22/2019 and replaced the compressor, filter, evaporator and condenser to the tune of $820 labor!!  

So here we are, not even 5 months later and I am experiencing the same symptoms which led to the compressor replacement originally.  I called the 800 number again and to my surprise they were able to set up a service call with "your" chosen repair service in my area.  When I asked about getting my prior repair reimbursed,  I was told they wont because I didn't use "your" service!!  This is ridiculous!!  You provide a Customer Support Center but each time I have had to call I get conflicting answers, inaccurate direction and quite frankly, a lack of empathy. Now their inaccuracies, are costing me??

I am reaching out on this forum to hopefully obtain other LG contact personnel or receive some better guidance as to how I can get these prior repair funds reimbursed and what the LG post 5 year repair plan looks like for affected refrgerators since I appear to be headed for cyclical compressor replacement for the life of this unit which SHOULD NOT be happening on a $2200 refrigerator.  I have all original sales receipts and repair receipts.

Thank You,

Chuck
  • Reply Title Icon

bj23bj23 Member
    Posted on 2019-09-10 04:40:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue with me. LG fridge with linear compress after 9 months stopped working, replaced compressor after 11 months stopped working, now same issue replace compressor still not working. spoke to LG customer service not able to do anything wont replace fridge or give credit was told fridge has be repaired 3 times in one year and deemed un-repairable by the technician to be even considered for a refund. In the mean time I have to take off from work, buy coolers, throw away food be on the phone for hours to tell me this crap about a $2000 fridge with a known issue. What a piece of Junk will never again buy or recommend any LG products for sure. they put the responsibility on you for something they produced that was faulty.
  • Reply Title Icon

phxleephxlee Member
    Posted on 2019-09-18 02:11:02 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My LG refrigerator quit working completely. It's only 3 years old. How do I get this repaired under warranty?