Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

The refrigerator was included with the home we purchased

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

halljh1945halljh1945 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-02 23:47:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The refrigerator was included with the home we purchased
    palmettoannarie
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-03 14:01:08 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    halljh1945, I sent you a message requesting some information.
    palmetto

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

palmettopalmetto Member
    Posted on 2019-05-05 20:11:57 Vote Up10Vote Down
    This website is such BS. I call to fine troubleshooting items,  get they will send a link,  and this is the crap I get. Soooooo disappointed with LG customer service. 
    veggleston0825lwarner
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-06 15:36:57 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    palmetto, what are you needing troubleshooting for?
    hjh9054

• Reply Title Icon

knighttrapknighttrap Member
    Posted on 2019-05-09 21:45:07 Vote Up5Vote Down
    i had to cover labor to have a compressor replaced in 2017 for my refrigerator i bought in 2015 (model LMXS30776S/01). How can I get reimbursement since i now have an extended warranty. The supplied link doesn't work. 
    veggleston0825
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-10 17:16:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    knighttrap, reimbursements would normally be issued by the Extended Warranty Company, depending on the company & policy. With the repair being completed in 2017, it would need to be reviewed to see what options are available, if any. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

• Reply Title Icon

curibe823curibe823 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-10 19:29:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I bought my fridge from Best Buy in 2013 and had several problems with freezer building up ice on back of freezer and fan getting stuck because of it. I’ve had it fixed several times and last year we ran out of extended warranty and freezer is still building up a lot of ice on back of freezer and also on back of top fridge. I have a model LFX31925ST/00. It’s my first LG fridge and I am so disappointed. 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-13 15:43:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    curibe823, you can reach out to us at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSSupport/ or https://twitter.com/LGUSSupport for further assistance with scheduling service. You can also send me a private message if you like for further assistance.  

• Reply Title Icon

lawleywlawleyw Member
    Posted on 2019-05-15 17:02:41 Vote Up20Vote Down
    Purchased a 4-door French Door model LMXS30776S in 2015 from Best Buy. It was wonderful for the first year. After 14 months it went out, we lost everything in it. I had to pay $325 through LG to have it repaired. It ran good for 2 months then went out again. We lost everything in it again. After 2 more trips the technician got it working. That lasted for 2 1/2 years. On April 28, 2019 it went out again and we lost everything again. A tech came out on May 3, 2019. He did not repair my unit. Instead he told me he didn't have the part and couldn't order it. He added coolant and said that would hold until it was fixed. He closed my ticket and I had to call LG back and start over. They ordered the new part and scheduled another repair 10 days out. On the day of the next repair, today, May 15, 2019. I received a call from A&E services and was told their tech. was sick and they had to reschedule for May 24. I got upset and told them to forget it and called LG back. The first person said he would check and call me back. 3 hours later I got impatient and called LG back. After being placed on hold I was told I had to wait until May 24 on the repair. 
    Approximate amount this over priced scrap metal has cost my family -
    $2700 - original purchase 
    $200 - spoiled groceries first breakdown
    $325 - repair
    $100 - spoiled groceries second breakdown
    $200 - spoiled groceries third breakdown
    $50 - spoiled groceries when coolant wouldn't hold for the 22 days it took for re-scheduled visit

huangBearzie626WhyThisMessLGjason600
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-15 18:34:31 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    lawleyw, please message me your information so I may take a further look in the case.
    huang

• Reply Title Icon

AaronWAaronW Member
    Posted on 2019-05-17 01:41:01 Vote Up15Vote Down
    Never again. Compressor went out for the third time in as many years. LG produces high end garbage. I have a 23 year old Maytag in our garage that still works. With our LG, we have to replace the compressor on a yearly basis. I will NEVER buy anything LG again!
    Bearzie626WhyThisMessLGMurrayDan
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-17 17:57:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    AaronW. if you would like assistance with getting the unit repaired, please send me a private message.

• Reply Title Icon

seolivasseolivas Member
    Posted on 2019-05-20 00:14:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We are still covered under the 5 year warranty and our freezer stopped freezing.  How do I call for the warranty repair because the number on the book no longer works?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-20 00:56:08 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You can call 800-243-0000 for assistance with the repair of the refrigerator

• Reply Title Icon

DavidRobisonDavidRobison Member
    Posted on 2019-05-20 14:22:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    "* If you have already had a qualifying unit repaired at your own cost, please use the link above to contact us, so that we can explore possible options with you."

I purchased my refrigerator in June, 2015. The compressor failed in June, 2017. I paid to have it repair myself.

Does this new warranty help me at all?