Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

DavidRobison, If the repair was already completed, the new warranty would not help, however, if you were to upload the receipt for the repair, we can have it…

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-05-20 15:16:46 Vote Up0Vote Down

DavidRobison, If the repair was already completed, the new warranty would not help, however, if you were to upload the receipt for the repair, we can have it reviewed to see what options are available.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

hlgeorge200hlgeorge200 Member
    Posted on 2019-05-20 23:41:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Customchill drawer harness is connected but nothing works
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-21 17:00:38 Vote Up0Vote Down

hlgeorge200, is the customer chill drawer not working or is there a problem with the entire unit? If only the custom chill drawer, what portion of it isn't working.

• Reply Title Icon

lulujluluj Member
    Posted on 2019-05-22 20:05:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I've already had an independent appliance repair person come and tell me that the compressor is bad on our fridge.  I have an appointment for a LG repair person to come tomorrow.  Will they bring the compressor with them?  My biggest question is, how long will I be without a fridge?  
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-22 20:25:32 Vote Up0Vote Down

luluj, message me your info used when you contacted LG and I can check on the part status.

• Reply Title Icon

NadinedossNadinedoss Member
    Posted on 2019-05-23 14:18:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We purchased our LG Refrigerator in November 2014 and the Ice maker has been acting up off and on and has now quit. Also for the last few weeks the Fridge does not seem to get below 46-48 degrees even when set on 33 and our food is going bad quickly because of that ( Milk does not last more than a few days) . Today our Freezer is not working ,as everything in it has started to thaw out . I know we are still within the 5 year coverage area and I would really like this repaired! we paid $2700 for this and it is a shame that we are having issues in less than 5 years .
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-23 14:48:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Nadinedoss, You can call our Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000, visit https://refrigerators.lgsupport.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, or send me a private message for further assistance. 

• Reply Title Icon

RaserRaser Member
    Posted on 2019-05-23 23:07:16 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I have a 2017 fridge and the compressor went out on Tuesday night (5/21/19). I won't have an LG tech out until Wednesday, 5/29. I will be without a refrigerator for more than a week! The unit is not even 2 years old. I have lost all the food in the unit, and all the money that is worth. I also paid a different tech $70 just to be told the compressors go out in LG fridges all the time. This seems to be a very bad product with very bad service and parts replacement. I am told that the compressor is under warranty and the labor will also be covered. However, that does not cover the lost food, the service charge for the original tech, and the very real inconvenience of being without a refrigerator for so long.
    lexigirl64WhyThisMessLG
  • Reply Title Icon

AlanSAlanS Member
    Posted on 2019-05-24 13:40:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    We had purchased a fridge from the same year, stopped working in less than 2 years. Had A&E drop by to fix it, first visit, I don’t have a vacuum pump, will have to reschedule. 2nd visit, you need to order parts. 3rd visit, I have no Freon... really??? 3rd week finally got it working after compressor replacement.  One month later it’s now not working! $&@##.  Not going to wait another 3 weeks. Ordered a new fridge from another Korean brand. That’s going to be my last LG product.

Good luck with yours.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-24 14:14:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Raser, send me a private message with your info used to contact LG and I can have your case reviewed.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-24 14:18:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    AlanS, Please send me a private message with your information. I understand that you have already purchased another unit, however, I can have it reviewed to see what can be done.

• Reply Title Icon

kajagerkajager Member
    Posted on 2019-05-27 12:43:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My fridge and freezer stopped cooling yesterday i need a repair person ASAP 

LSXS26366D 

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-28 20:52:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    kajager, Please send me a private message with your information for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

kmokmo Member
    Posted on 2019-05-30 18:50:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi JamalofLG,

We have an LG refrigerator model LSXS22423S. The freezer stopped working yesterday morning and everything in there has thawed out. I called Customer Interactive Center at 800-243-0000 and answered all the questions the automated bot asked me. The automated bot then sent me a troubleshooting link via txt msg with further troubleshooting questions. One of the questions in the troubleshooter asks is "How long have you owned your unit" with the options being either "Less than 1 year" or "More than 1 year". When I choose "More than 1 year" the troubleshooter then tells me I'm out of warranty. We purchased this unit 3/14/2015 so according to this article we are still under warranty. 

Can you please help? I feel like I am stuck in some sort of automated loop. How do i go about talking to a real customer support human?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-05-30 20:18:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    kmo, there isn't a direct number you would be able to reach out to for assistance. However, you can send me a private message with your information and I can offer further assistance there.