Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

darknessplayboy, please send me a private message with your contact info used to contact LG for further assistance.

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-06-17 15:48:57 edited June 17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    darknessplayboy, please send me a private message with your contact info used to contact LG for further assistance.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-06-17 16:16:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    avic, if you are still in need of assistance with scheduling service, please send me a private message with your info.

• Reply Title Icon

djc174djc174 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-20 20:52:15 Vote Up5Vote Down
    3 year old refrigerator went out. Won’t cool. Called LG and they scheduled an appointment for the next day. No one showed up. Called LG. My RNN number was for someone else’s TV repair. 90 min later they say they had no record of a repair for me. Soonest they can get someone out is 4 days from now. This is unacceptable. I escalated to three different people and no one can help. Worst service and poor appliance. What’s the odds repairman will have the part? Probably low from what I have discerned from others with similar issue. This is the last LG appliance I will buy. 
    WhyThisMessLG
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-06-20 20:55:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    djc174, send me a private message with your info and I can have your case reviewed.

• Reply Title Icon

Binxie725Binxie725 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-25 02:15:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So my refrigerator stopped working on June 2, I have called LG and going through the warranty repair process, but the company that is to come and fix my refrigerator has canceled twice now. Now they have me scheduled for July 16th!! That is over a month and a half without a working refrigerator. This is ridiculous, after spending $3,500 of this unit and then have the compressor go out in 4 years is unreal. How do I get them to replace it at this point? We have a 14 month old and this has gone on long enough. No one should have to be without a refrigerator for this long when they have a warranty. Best Buy Geek Squad won’t touch it, because they said LG requires us to go through them to fix the cooling issue. I have the parts sitting in my dinning room collecting dust. This is the worst customer service ever! 
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-06-25 15:26:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Binxie725, message me your contact information used when you contacted LG and I will get your case reviewed.

• Reply Title Icon

yamanakyamanak Member
    Posted on 2019-06-30 03:25:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My French door refrigerator had the rear of the freezer replaced in the first year. It had the door seals replaced in the first year. The compressor refrigerant leaked completely and needed complete replacement of the compressor and a recharge. Ice buildup in the back of the refrigerator was fixed by breaking off vanes on the heat exchanger. Ice buildup on the back of the freezer was fixed by replacing the back of the freezer again. Now I'm getting ice build-up on the back of the freezer in a different place since the repair of the previous ice build-up. I'm about to buy a new refrigerator because this is getting silly. The unit is only 6 years old and has been repaired more than any appliance I've ever had in my life. Fortunately, we had a Lowe's extended warranty for the first 5 years, but the  nuisance effect is terrible.

• Reply Title Icon

AhernandezAhernandez Member
    Posted on 2019-07-01 19:12:48 Vote Up5Vote Down

You guys are killing me. The compressor went on our LG fridge that we bought new in September of 2015. Called you guys on June 15th because it's under warranty. I still don't have my fridge fixed. The part hasn't even been ordered. We have four young kids, and 7 people in this house, and have been without a fridge since June 15th.  I call, and people are friendly and apologetic, but we don't get anywhere. After calling you guys again today, twice, you tell me that you can't get anyone here next week, maybe not until the end of next week, and we're still starting over. I still have to wait for someone to come out, look at it AGAIN, and order a part, then wait for someone to install it. You have already sent AE out! They were here for two hours and determined it was the compressor!  They dropped the ball and didn't order the part.  Twice I have spoken to your agents (Saturday and this morning) and was told this was unacceptable, and that if they couldn't get it fixed this week, you would replace the fridge. This morning she told me if you couldn't get it fixed by July 4th, you would replace the fridge. Call again, because no one called me back (again), and I'm told it'll be another two weeks, and that replacing the fridge isn't an option. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. A compressor blew on your fridge that was less than 4 years old. I should not have to wait FOUR WEEKS with young kids to get this replaced. This is absolute insanity. I want a new fridge, or I want the one I have fixed this week. Unacceptable

WhyThisMessLG
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-02 18:57:01 Vote Up0Vote Down
    yamanak, please message me you info used to contact LG and I will have the case reviewed.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-02 18:57:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ahernandez, message me your information also for it the be reviewed further.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-08 15:41:20 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I bought an LG refrigerator about 3 years ago. The fridge and the freezer are not cooling. Can not find anyone to service this fridge and how do I get reimbursed with the extended warranty? Very disappointed in this product and customer service.
    WhyThisMessLG
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-08 16:35:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    veggleston0825, please send me a private message with your information for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

AnnNJAnnNJ Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 17:16:22 Vote Up5Vote Down
    My 3 year old LFXS30766S stopped cooling a week ago, July 1. It took two 30 minute phone calls to LG to get service scheduled.  I had to initiate the second phone call when LG did not call back for follow up as they had advised they would. The LG customer service rep said she set up my repair appointment with their local company for July 3, and that said company would call to confirm. My daily phone call (usually with at least a 20 minute hold) to the LG approved service repair company informs me they are waiting waiting for parts. I learned through my phone call today, July 8,  that the service repair company has placed multiple orders to LG for multiple customers and that my parts will be delivered directly to my home, at which time I am to call to set up the service appointment. I followed up with a call to the LG customer service number, which is out of service today.  Reading these threads, this appears to be a common complaint with poor customer service. This is unacceptable. I have owned several LG appliances, and this may be my last.
    WhyThisMessLG
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-08 18:30:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    AnnNJ, please message me your phone number used to contact LG and I will have your case reviewed further.

• Reply Title Icon

AOAPOPAOAPOP Member
    Posted on 2019-07-08 23:58:44 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I bought an LG refrigerator from Sears in May 2015. In June 2019, my freezer stopped making ice. Long story short: an LG technician diagnosed the problem as a compressor/sealed system failure. LG agreed to a "courtesy repair" but after three visits the LG technician submitted a report to the company declaring the unit unrepairable. Since then, the company has delayed and deflected and made follow up and follow through extremely difficult. I cannot reach a service manager on the phone. I am not sure whether I will be compensated for my losses. I DO NOT want another LG refrigerator. I want to be compensated for the cost of my refrigerator, the several hundreds of dollars of food I have lost, and literally days of my life dealing with this issue. I have now been without a refrigerator for three weeks.