Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

AOAPOP, please message me your phone number and I will get this checked out.

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-09 14:36:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    AOAPOP, please message me your phone number and I will get this checked out.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

WhyThisMessLGWhyThisMessLG Member
    Posted on 2019-07-09 21:29:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The fact so many LG owners are having major cooling problems is a huge concern.  Our beautiful 2 year old InstaView fridge stopped cooling few days ago as we were on vacation; bunch of good food wasted/lost.  For some reason, it is now cooling again, but we won't trust it.  I've ordered thermometers for the fridge and freezer with an external monitoring console and warning system to verify that the temps are what the settings are, and to warn us when the cooling fails.  Sadly, we have a bad feeling this is the beginning of a horror story dealing with LG and service providers based on comments here.

So many LG owners totally are worn out dealing with the consequences of buying expensive appliances, for them only to fail within a couple of years. LG better step up their game in terms of product quality and customer satisfaction.  The fridge is awesome when it works (except the dispensed water could be much colder), but a nightmare if it fails.

It would be reassuring if there were follow-up comments from the Moderator and/or owners that things got resolved. But we're not seeing any of that in these threads.  Why not!!
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-10 15:14:45 Vote Up0Vote Down

WhyThisMessLG, Customers who report problems with cooling failures in this thread are able to get it resolved. Follow ups are not posted because cases are not handled publicly in the discussion, but through messages to gather the user's information.

If you experience any other problems with cooling on your Instaview, you can message me for further assistance to get this resolved.

• Reply Title Icon

CustomerOfLGCustomerOfLG Member
    Posted on 2019-07-11 00:14:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My family bought a very capable LG LMXS30776D 3 years ago, but it stopped cooling on a few days ago in both refrigerator and freezer sections. We are glad to know that LG is offering 5 years warranty coverage for parts and labor, and submitted a service request via the link provided; however, we haven't heard since then. Can you help us with this matter?

Thanks
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-11 15:54:46 Vote Up5Vote Down
    CustomerOfLG, Please provide message me your phone number used to submit the claim and I will have it review.
    CustomerOfLG

• Reply Title Icon

jimnmojimnmo Member
    Posted on 2019-07-12 16:36:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LFXS29766S
    Same story as so many other posts... 2 year old refrig has had everything replaced but the door handles (complete sealed system components, motherboard, evap panel with sensor).  Since May 31, have had 4 repair guys on site and still not cooling.  Today is July 12th.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-12 16:40:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    jimnmo, please message me your contact information and I will have your case reviewed further.

• Reply Title Icon

JeffBJeffB Member
    Posted on 2019-07-16 18:53:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I opened a ticket July 9 about my refrigerator not cooling but I haven't heard from anybody at LG. Can somebody please help me? My ticket number is 99804.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-16 19:04:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    JeffB, please message me your contact info and I will have this reviewed further.

• Reply Title Icon

KishoreGKishoreG Member
    Posted on 2019-07-16 23:01:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So usually what is the response time after opening a ticket with LG ?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-17 16:07:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    KishoreG, 24 hrs. is normally the response time turnaround.

• Reply Title Icon

KishoreGKishoreG Member
    Posted on 2019-07-17 17:24:55 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @JamalofLG, Thanks. Hope we have technician looking into it soon. During this period will you reimburse me if I rent a refrigerator ?
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-17 18:25:41 Vote Up0Vote Down
    KishoreG, it would be depended on the timeframe the unit will be down. I messaged you the info pertaining to the service appointment. The tech will reach out to you to confirm an appointment date and time and we can go from there.

• Reply Title Icon

expat98expat98 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-18 15:33:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Does anyone have a number to call LG to confirm warranty? All numbers I am calling are disconnected. Number inside my refrigerator is 1800 243 0000
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-18 19:18:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    expat98, 800-243-000 would be the best number. Testing the number it is currently working. If can assist with any warranty question if you didn't want to call back in.