Skip to Content

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Our story is similar to many here. 4 year old frige compressor went out. It took two weeks for it get fixed. Failed again in 24 hours.

Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

Posted on 2019-03-18 15:23:50 edited March 29 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Important LG Refrigerator Warranty Information Announcement, Please Read

trirattrirat Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 03:37:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Our story is similar to many here. 4 year old frige compressor went out. It took two weeks for it get fixed. Failed again in 24 hours. Ended up taking another 3 weeks for parts and scheduling of the service. On the day of scheduled service my first thing in the morning appointment suddenly changed to by end of day, and I waited 6 hours for service. Two weeks later, the fridge has stopped cooling again. In addition to lost food and lost time off work, I have been apalled by service with LG and A&E. I guess I am wondering for those with multiple failtures, what is the next step? Like will they keep trying this and keep having it fail or will they eventually credit me or something?
  • Reply Title Icon

neet_lgneet_lg Member
    Posted on 2019-07-19 16:17:34 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hi, Could anyone from LG point me to a document which describes the terms and conditions of the new 5 year parts+labor warranty on LG Refrigerators?
    Specifically what happens if the unit cannot be repaired by LG within the warranty period? 
    BobbyDill
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-19 18:27:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    last night our freezer on our lg linear, model number LFXS26766s,  serial number 412KRXD0D026,  quit working. i cannot find my receipt. can you help me? thanks
  • Reply Title Icon

kellypaigekellypaige Member
    Posted on 2019-07-22 15:48:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My unit stopped working this morning.  This is the second time since 7/3.  Lost a lot of food overnight.  LFXS29766S /01 - 703KRJU30308.  I'm beyond frustrated.  Unit is less than 2 years old.  Called LG customer service - after being on hold for over 45 mins - can't get someone out to fix until late August???  An LG repair service tech can fix "out of warranty" but for between $1200-$1800???  Unreal...  I paid ALOT of money for an entire LG appliance suite (Home Depot) - and now I don't have a working fridge.  Who's going to help - TODAY???
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-07-22 17:10:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    trirat, please message me your phone number and I will have you case reviewed for further assistance.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-22 17:18:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    kellypaige, I have messaged you regarding a service appointment before August with our LG Tech. Please let me know if it would work for you.  

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-22 17:19:40 Vote Up0Vote Down
    lindamoore1218 , please message me with your contact information and I will review for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-22 17:23:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    neet_lg, depending on the reason the unit cannot be repaired and the timeframe the unit is down, alternate options can be reviewed, however, this would be handled on a case by case basis.  

• Reply Title Icon

johncirajohncira Member
    Posted on 2019-07-24 05:37:15 Vote Up5Vote Down
    The refrigerator freezer compartment of my french door refrigerator stopped working over the weekend. On Monday I contacted the LG Customer Service line to discuss the issue and obtain some authorized LG Service Repair companies in my area. This experience was painful because only one of the service repair companies I was given to contact, called me back and this company told me they were no longer doing LG refrigerator warranty repairs.  I eventually located the LG website where I could find a full list of authorized service  companies. Eventually, I found a company with good repair review comments to fix my LG refrigerator. The service technician diagnosed the issue today and replaced the compressor unit.  I had been told by LG customer service that the compressor is still under warranty. I was also told that LG and the Authorized Service company would handle the costs and that I would be responsible for paying for services not covered by the warranty.   However, there appears to be a communication issue between LG and the Authorized Service company because the Authorized Service company claimed that only the compressor part would be covered under the warranty and that the labor is not covered. The LG warranty clearly states, based on the January 2018 warranty update, that the compressor part and labor are covered for 5 years and compressor part is covered for 10 years.  My refrigerator was purchased in April 2015, therefore, both the parts and the labor are covered.  As a result, I had to pay $740.00 out of pocket for the labor / service.  How do I obtain a reimbursement from LG or the Authorized LG Service Company for the labor portion of my service? I am extremely disappointed with this premature refrigerator malfunction, my spoiled food and the subsequent repair experience. 
    Lisa27
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 07:12:28 Vote Up5Vote Down
    the earliest they can come and service our fridge is aug 7th.. TWO WEEKS AWAY! that is not acceptable!
    Lisa27
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 15:30:35 Vote Up0Vote Down
    lindamoore1218, I sent you a message request some information for further assistance.

• Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-07-24 15:32:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    johncira, please message me your ticket number for the repair along with a copy of the invoice showing the charge for review.

• Reply Title Icon

Lisa27Lisa27 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-25 17:07:00 edited July 26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG you have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Your agents have no knowledge of your new warranty coverage. Every time I call they have a different story.  I was told no service people were available in my area until the first week in August but if I could find an LG certified repair person they would send them a letter of authorization in 3-5 business days. Day 5 and no letter so I called back. Now they are telling me they are looking for a repair person to send. That was not our agreement. I have had no fridge for over a week and a half and every time I call I get the run around. Every call takes over an hour and a half, even your supervisors seem to have no idea what is going on. Is this a ploy to make you so sick of dealing with it you give up and pay to repair it yourself?  I am frustrated and sharing that frustration and disappointment in your product with lots of people every day. This is not a good way to treat a good customer but a great way to get the word out not to buy LG products. Typed this while on hold going on 30 minutes waiting for the next supervisor to tell me yet another story delaying my repair being done. Ridiculous!!!

• I would like to add to my story. After being on hold for 45 minutes the Supervisor, Joy, informed me that the appliance repair company would not accept doing the work because they would not be paid an appropriate amount. I don’t understand this because they are authorized to do LG warranty repairs. So now a tech from “our service center” can come August 7. That would put me at almost 4 weeks without a fridge assuming they have the parts to repair it that day. When I expressed my displeasure Joy said she would email the regional supervisor and see if they could get here any sooner but not to expect to hear anything for 72 hours. That is another 3 days!  This is not an appliance people can do without for  weeks at a time. I am beginning to understand why there have been class action lawsuits over this mess. LG, you messed up by putting faulty compressors in your refrigerators. Do the right thing and get your customer service on board and make the resources available so people can get the warranty work done. I am so disappointed and angry.  I cannot believe you would let this marketing disaster continue.  

...new update-got a text this morning saying a repair person will be at my house between 8 and noon. Click for details. When I click it says appt has been rescheduled call this number. I call and I am told the soonest they can come is 8/7. While on the phone I get a second text saying repair will be done today between 10 and noon click for details. Guess what??? That appt has to be rescheduled!  On top of that the company they use is A & E and I had to use them before for a Sear’s dishwasher. They come diagnose the problem then have to order parts and come back weeks later. I feel like I have entered a nightmare and I can’t wake up!
  • Reply Title Icon

Lisa27Lisa27 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-25 17:34:09 edited July 25 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Please do your homework and read all of these stories and do not buy an LG product!
    MurrayDan
  • Reply Title Icon

jrstreetmanjrstreetman Member
    Posted on 2019-07-26 14:59:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG refrigerator compressors are burning out everywhere. I have an extended warranty with Sears. They replaced the compressor. I have heard everywhere that the new compressors are defective also. What in the heck is going on? I paid 3k for this refrigerator and it is not even two years old.. It is a Kenmore Elite. Everyone who has worked on it says they are replacing the compressors on the one's which were made by LG all over the place. I know that there is  a class action suit about these defective compressors. I just want to know whether or not the new compressor SUPPOSEDLY has the defect fixed.